Westcoast Flitetest Fans share where you live and what you fly.

Arg1129

Hey I live in West Sacramento and fly at my local park. Currently flying the Mini Scout and have the Tiny Trainer, I call Mk 2.5 as I lost the rudder hinge on first build and tore the tail on the second but only replaced the main fuselage that time opposed to the entire plane like the firat. I am not a fan of the Trainer with the polyhedral wing and am waiting on a new receiver and motor then putting the aileron wing on and learning 4ch. Only been flying a week now but love it and been having fun learning the new skill first week was full of crashing but now can go several flights before having to retrieve the plane from a roof or tree... Plan on learning 4ch and having fun with the scout then building a Storch and Probably one of the Guinies, thinking mini first.

flyinggreek

Howdy, Live in the Upland, Ontario area. Currently have an Align 450 PRO, an older E Hawk 1500, and whatever i can piece together with foam chunks. We almost have enough so cal guys to do an FT west meeting.

rommel426

flying north point

is the old runway at north point buisness park still going. i have herd rumors it was all closed up. if this info is wrong please let me know. i loved that spot

rommel426

i live in petaluma me and my three brothers are attending this year. i have built the ft flyer.guinea pig,duster,slope soaer, full size mustang mini mustang and coursair,bloody wonder x3,baby blender. my brother bought me a calypso glider for xmas and i am working on the ft sportster currently. see you all there!!!

thenated0g

Drinker of coffee, Maker of things
Mentor
Im in lakeport, ca (lakecounty / clearlake area). I fly around the county and also over in the coverdale area (lake sonoma park) with another fpv/flitetest fan.

D12sprint

Dylan Mills, from Long Beach, CA. I'm pretty brand new to flying. Started off with the toy grade like most people seem to have done and got hooked. Ordered a. Eachine 250 but built my own 210 quad with my 3d printer before it arrived haha. So that's what I'm currently flying. Still newbie, getting used to it

vihila

I live in Davis, CA and have just started building FT planes. I have built a Tiny Trainer, Mini Speedster, and Mini Cruiser. Next build is probably going to be a Mini Arrow or a Mini Guinea to mount an FPV camera on.

Edit: hope we all get to meet up at the Flite Fest West!

Last edited:

Dstu

The runway is fenced off now😞. There are a few sections of tarmac left along Northpoint, I occasionally fly there.

Carlsbad, CA (North San Diego County)

I've been flying for about 5 years now and there's a good field near my house and the beach (during low tide). I fly Parkzone T-28, P-47, and just built a suped up Parkzone 51BL with a Power 10 motor and a 4S battery.

Anyone looking to connect and fly, just ping me.

Chris

liamnave

flyboy
I've been flying for about 5 years now and there's a good field near my house and the beach (during low tide). I fly Parkzone T-28, P-47, and just built a suped up Parkzone 51BL with a Power 10 motor and a 4S battery.

Anyone looking to connect and fly, just ping me.

Chris

Sure thing! I live in Escondido so it could be a bit of a drive but maybe we could find a happy medium?

Splatwillicrash

Hi I am Matt Elyash, aka Splat Willicrash, Have attended every FF to date, and cant wait for FF West!! I live in Sacramento CA. I don't have a favorite type, I fly everything and crash em all with equal zeal!!! I fly multi-rotor, wings, and conventional. My new birds are a Convergence and an Opterra. I love combat, and regularly do night combat in Sacramento with the Natomas Night Flyers flying custom built birds.

Splatwillicrash

Valley Center!

Valley Center, CA here. I belong to the Fallbrook Flyers Club we fly at the Indian Reservation in Valley Center. I have built over 10 Foam flyers now. I have designed a Stuka, Q-Tee, Taube, Fokker D-VII, Mach-None and Shinden. The Shinden is under construction at this time. I also fly Nitro airplanes.

That is where the guys and gals of Blackhawk Paramotor are based out of right?

I have fished the lakes in that area.

Splatwillicrash

We should get together

Hey I live in West Sacramento and fly at my local park. Currently flying the Mini Scout and have the Tiny Trainer, I call Mk 2.5 as I lost the rudder hinge on first build and tore the tail on the second but only replaced the main fuselage that time opposed to the entire plane like the firat. I am not a fan of the Trainer with the polyhedral wing and am waiting on a new receiver and motor then putting the aileron wing on and learning 4ch. Only been flying a week now but love it and been having fun learning the new skill first week was full of crashing but now can go several flights before having to retrieve the plane from a roof or tree... Plan on learning 4ch and having fun with the scout then building a Storch and Probably one of the Guinies, thinking mini first.

I live in Sacramento and fly quite a bit, we should get together some time and fly.

FlyinAgain

Hey Nate and Matt !!!

Great meeting both of you at FFW 2017

to the rest of the west coasters ... I'm Ko (FlyinAgain or really rather "BuildinAgain") and am from South Orange County ... but spend most of the flyin season (summers) in Minnesota

I'm not a great flyer but I do love building ... especially with the foam techniques that FliteTest has developed ... they are brilliant ... I stumbled upon FliteTest a couple of years ago and had been following but really not participating ... I got into it more because of my three Minnesota nephews ... two summers ago we built and flew water rockets, and they literally had a blast ... last summer, I asked them what they wanted to do ... but they had no idea ... so I suggested that they watch this YouTube channel called FliteTest ... they watched the videos and were rolling with laughter on the living room floor (apparently the Josh's really appeal to a 12 year old target audience) ... so I told them that if they would commit full heartedly ... I'd buy them the flight systems and we'd build FT foamies ... they started with the NutBall ... graduated to the FT Flyer and by the end of summer, were building and flying the Simple Soarer ... having a blast ... and shock of all shocks ... learning !!!! and building !!! (I did all of the razor cutting ... essentially creating FT kits for them)

as this (2017) summer was fast approaching ... I need a project idea ... so I thought about combining water rockets and FliteTest ... basically a Might Mini Arrow with a 2 liter soda bottle strapped on ... built it ... and what better place to maiden it (and get the much needed design help) than Flite Fest West 2017 ... so I signed up ... plus going to FFW was a way to scope out the scene to see if Flite Fest East was something that my nephews might enjoy (duh ... really, really dumb question)

I had the best time ... the Mini Arrow Bottle Rocket had an epic fail on the first launch ... but we kinda got there by the third ... it is called Flite Test ...emphasis "Test" ... BTW ... a thanks to Kyle and his son Ekika (sp?) for piloting and launching ... and to the numerous FT-ers who had great suggestions for Bottle Rocket MiniArrow II (I especially love the F-14 folding wing idea)

it was great experience ... and I didn't even get a chance to build anything !!! ... but I can build anytime / anyplace ... I'm not really a "joiner" but this group of people is really outstanding and made joining easy ... meeting the members of this community was way more important than building ... I was also a volunteer and was the "guy on the mini electric bike, pushing around 40 foot motorhomes" and passing on campers to Nate ... and of the hundred or more people that I "parked" ... I only ran into one "grumpy" old geezer with an attitude ... that's an unheard of ratio amongst the general population (in my experience)

so ... bottom line ... if anyone out there has even the slightest notion of checking out any of the Flight Fests ... DO IT ... DO NOT PASS GO ... DO NOT COLLECT $100 ... just GO ... I have no idea what they (FliteTest) are doing or how they are doing it ... but whatever they are doing ... it's working ... so I just asked them all to keep doing it ... (BTW ... the guys and gals of FT are the same when you meet them in person as they are when you watched them on YouTube ... they're "real")

I'm about 60% to 70% of the way to convincing my brother-in-law to drive the nephews out to Flite Fest East 2017 ... of course, I'll go along too !!! ... here's hoping I can wrangle that last 30 to 40% ... Ohio here we come ??

Ko

thenated0g

Drinker of coffee, Maker of things
Mentor
Ko! So glad you posted. I saw you on the vlog for early wed. Pretty awesome man. This community is amazing. Had a nice time working with you, sorry if I got distracted a few times doing tents.
How many chairs and tables do you think we setup? The answer is all of them lol. Your rocket setup was pretty neat. See you next year for sure.

FlyinAgain

90" flying boombox

Nate - no problem with the camping stuff ... although I did let one guy setup his tent in the "to be left open" driving lane and got a "talking too" by Jordan ... but she handled it (she got him to move cause she's way, way, WAY cuter than I am) ... I did apologize to him later and he was really cool about it ... "don't worry, no big deal, just glad to be here" ... which was the typical of the attitude of all the attendees

loved your fling boombox of a wing !!!! ... and your trailer setup ... very nice

looking forward to seeing both next year ... maybe an even bigger, louder wing? ... how about a biplane, boombox wing ? ... or a boombox wing with two attached chase planes to accompany it and blasting Ride of the Valkeries ? ... looking forward to whatever you create ... after such a great job this year ... everyone expects you to surpass that effort next year

see you then