Westcoast Flitetest Fans share where you live and what you fly.

thenated0g

Drinker of coffee, Maker of things
Mentor
A bunch of big ft planes. My 120inch 40lb guinea pig, I'm in the middle of building a 200% bronco and I just printed the plans for a 200% bee

Datum

Davis, CA!

I fly a Gremlin and I'm currently rebuilding my fleet after Flite Fest West. Pretty much all my airframes are asking about retirement plans.

DMC RC

DMC RC
I live in Seattle Washington! Due to weather during the winter, late fall and early spring I generally fly my HBZ sport cub s indoors at a local indoor club. During late spring to mid fall I fly bigger foamies outside at any of my local parks. I currently fly a FT Simple Storch, a Baby Brit, a FT Mini Arrow and a UMX Habu that is being glued back together at the moment. I also have several projects Im working on, a Slope Soaring version of the Baby Brit, an FT duster I didn't get a chance to build at FFW, and a tiny trainer from a STEM challenge at FFW. Here are some pictures of the planes I normally fly.
IMG_6329.jpg
IMG_6109.jpg
IMG_4777.jpg

Spitfire76

I live in Roseville, CA and just completed my first FT build, the FT Simple Storch. I purchased the quick build kit and power pack at the recent Flitefest West. I've built and flown a couple of drones (not FPV racing, ones with camera and gimbal) but this is my first fixed wing build. Now need to find a place to fly it.

thenated0g

Mentor
I live in Roseville, CA and just completed my first FT build, the FT Simple Storch. I purchased the quick build kit and power pack at the recent Flitefest West. I've built and flown a couple of drones (not FPV racing, ones with camera and gimbal) but this is my first fixed wing build. Now need to find a place to fly it.

Welcome! FFW was awesome.
I follow i a couple guys on social media that live in that area. This parking lot is a spot i have bookmarked that i know some of them fly fpv and los at, should be a quick drive for you:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/3...28ba1e427!7e2!8m2!3d38.7454315!4d-121.1474419

Spitfire76

Welcome! FFW was awesome.
I follow i a couple guys on social media that live in that area. This parking lot is a spot i have bookmarked that i know some of them fly fpv and los at, should be a quick drive for you:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/3...28ba1e427!7e2!8m2!3d38.7454315!4d-121.1474419

Thanks, I'll have to check that place out as its really close to where I live. I also may try to join this club

http://www.amosrc.com

I had a few lessons there on a fixed wing last year but did not get around to building one of my own until recently

Spitfire76

David here, in Roseville, flying at AMOS RC Club in Lincoln when I get a chance to.
I have a Hobbyzone Super Cub that I love flying. I just maidened my new E-flite T-28 Trojan 1200mm this weekend and it is awesome. I also usually have two swappable planes either built or under construction at any time. I love FT designs and am enjoying coming up with my own spin offs.
I use a Spektrum Dx6i radio.
I have a family that I dedicate almost all my free time to but boy do I love flying when I get out there.

Hello David, do you still fly at the AMOS RC Club ?. I am thinking about joining as I would like to get to fly my newly built FT Simple Storch and I don't have any real experience with fixed wing, just multi-rotor. I did take a few lessons last year from someone at the club but did not join as I did not have a plane of my own but do now. - Richard

Last edited:

MDVolle

Fullerton CA -

"Flying" a Bix3 at the moment (some might not agree with my assessment of flight time vs. repairs).

Working on a 1.7M super slow fly camera platform

Quads have been "retired" (generally not gracefully nor to be found in a retirement center)

Looking at possibly building an RC paraglider

Fly in the park behind the house...

My RC sailboat has never fallen from the sky - does that count?

Mark

iBigNTastyi

I live in Seattle Washington! Due to weather during the winter, late fall and early spring I generally fly my HBZ sport cub s indoors at a local indoor club. During late spring to mid fall I fly bigger foamies outside at any of my local parks. I currently fly a FT Simple Storch, a Baby Brit, a FT Mini Arrow and a UMX Habu that is being glued back together at the moment. I also have several projects Im working on, a Slope Soaring version of the Baby Brit, an FT duster I didn't get a chance to build at FFW, and a tiny trainer from a STEM challenge at FFW. Here are some pictures of the planes I normally fly.
View attachment 87544
View attachment 87541
View attachment 87543

I live in Marysville up north. After getting into 3D printing, I have reignited a desire to get into RC planes. Maybe you could help me plug into a local group?

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Holy cow, there's a lot of people who are up in my neck of the woods...

I'm another San Diegan, flying out of Vista, CA. I'm a member of the Palomar RC Flyers club (Our field is technically in Fallbrook, right at the corner of the 15/76 freeways).

I've got quite a few planes that I'm flying right now, most of which are FT planes - a MiG-3, Versa Wing, and a Sea Duck, as well as a Parkzone Archer that I got at an auction at Christmas. I've also got a couple of quads, which we're getting ready to use at a new multirotor/heli field that's been granted to us; I'm actually part of getting that set up for us once we have approval to access the land, and we'll be doing racing/freestyle events out there. :)

I'm thinking, though, that I need to go visit the Fallbrook Flyers field, if for nothing else than to just see what it's like, and talk to the guys out there and see if anyone's interested in multirotor events. :)

Mad_Mechanic

Hello!

I'm Karl Nielsen, and I live in Orangevale, California (Sacramento County). Don't currently have a place to fly and I'm still looking for a local group/club to be a part of.

No planes complete at this time, but I'm going to be building an FT Storch and I'm also working on a PT-19 inspired foamboard low-wing trainer.

fastfred529

Karl you are welcome to fly with me but I am about a hour away. Local California fellow Flitetest fans are difficult to find. That was my reason for starting this thread. The ones I have met has been from going to flying events and noticing their Flitetest planes. There are several NorCal FPV groups on Facebook. Check out local clubs in Sacramento area.
I fly in Vacaville at Lagoon Valley Electric Flyer field at Lagoon Valley Park.

CAustin

Healdsburg CA

My name is Darrel and I currently have a working arrow, I fly at Barberi Bros park on the north end of town and sometimes in Santa Rosa off of Nothpoint parkway. It would be great to meet up with anyone from Sonoma county sometime.
Hey Darrel,
My name is Clark in Santa Rosa. I live on the Laguna and am lucky enough to be able to fly in the side yard. I have a scout mini and full sized, Tiny Trainer and a number of factory planes. Stretching my wings into design your own planes and trying to come up with a semi scale T34 Mentor.

thenated0g

Mentor
Last edited:

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
If anybody is into slope soaring just thought i would share here about an event coming up in May, its our annual camp n fly event just below santa cruz. Most of the camp spots are taken but just speak up and somebody will let you stay in there site with them. Great couple of days of non stop flying and no worrying about batteries.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?3444493-Sunset-Beach-Camp-N-Fly-May-2-3-2020!!!

That's May 2020? I'm in Pomona and fly a few gliders, although my main needs a new elevator.