Westcoast Flitetest Fans share where you live and what you fly.

fastfred529

Thanks for replying to this thread. I will do a update for myself. Still living in Fairfield California and flying at Lagoon Valley Park. My newest Flitetest build is a FT Spitfire with cockpit pan and tilt fpv. Have not yet maiden it, but painted it camo. Have lots flight videos on my YouTube and some Ham Radio videos also.
https://www.youtube.com/user/fastfred529

Mckee

@SquirrelTail I haven't been there. It's about an hour away. There's a local air park that's closer. I'd need to get insurance and the like to fly there, and they are closed for Covid19.

Tronglodon

Hi West coasters, I thought I'd replied to this thread back when I lived in Orange County, but now I've moved up to San Luis Obispo. I've been flying at the Cal Poly airfield. Here's a video from this past weekend with the FT Spitfire.

I've been finding places to fly on the coast as well, a few especially good places for slope soaring.

K3V0

Elite member
Hi West coasters, I thought I'd replied to this thread back when I lived in Orange County, but now I've moved up to San Luis Obispo. I've been flying at the Cal Poly airfield. Here's a video from this past weekend with the FT Spitfire.

I've been finding places to fly on the coast as well, a few especially good places for slope soaring.
Yay! SLO is my home town! Fun to see the seven sisters from that POV!

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
I don't think I've actually posted my hangar on this thread yet. I think I might've already mentioned this but I'm from the Chino area, Southern California. I used to work right next to where @Mid7night flies actually.
Admittedly I don't really fly a lot, but I build constantly. I have 4 planes airworthy right now: a custom V-Tail Arrowhead (Vrrowhead) based on @Vimana89's design, a modified @The Hangar 3ch Simple Stick, a swappable Cessna 185 STOL plane I designed myself, and my Aeronaut Slope Glider. Of these only the Vrrowhead and the Stick Trainer have been maidened.
In progress I have a 45" swappable Draco and an ultra micro I'm calling the Tiny Foo, I'm redesigning it currently and am waiting on an ESC at the moment. After those are done I'll probably have another go at a U-2.

The Vrrowhead flew just fine, I didn't try any high alpha but I like having rudder control. I started in full scale and haven't quite figured out bank-and-yank yet. Despite the good handling I did lose orientation and crashed it, the photo below is after the rebuild.

IMG_20200227_143312.jpg

The Simple Stick makes for a surprisingly good trainer, it easily has the lightest wing loading of any plane in my hangar. On a B-pack sized motor it flies really gently, and it's a big plane too so it's easy to keep track of.

IMG_20200320_193625.jpg

I finished the Cessna 185 Bushwagon about two weeks ago, I haven't really been getting out much but I'll probably be flying more over the summer.

IMG_20200520_223852.jpg

I had a really great time building this one and I'm really satisfied with how it came out. Again, I haven't been getting out much and my glider hill is currently closed, I'll maiden it once things start opening up. I picked up slope flying pretty naturally, the first glider I ever built flew while I was still struggling to build a reusable powered plane.

IMG_20200328_140402.jpg