What’s Your Dream RC Plane?

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
With many of us stuck inside, that leaves plenty of time for daydreaming, so I was wondering what everybody’s dream plane is. It can be anywhere foam board to balsa. It could already exist or be a very likely/possible model. My dream RC plane is a 1/3 scale Balsa USA Albatross DV in the Ernst Udet scheme. This one happens to be a kit, but yours could be PNP, scratch build, or ARF.
1585698088630.jpg

Last edited:

BS projects inc.

Elite member
With many of us stuck inside, that leaves plenty of time for daydreaming, so I was wondering what everybody’s dream plane is. It can be anywhere foam board to balsa. It could already exist or be a very likely/possible model. My dream RC plane is a 1/3 scale Balsa USA Albatross DV in the Ernst Udet scheme. This one happens to be a lot, but yours could be PNP, scratch build, or ARF. View attachment 164074
so that makes two of us

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
In all seriousness though, I really do want an RC spacewalker. Whether I cheap out and buy the Hobbyking kit or buy one of the nicer Sig ones I don't know. But I will someday.
When searching for a plane for my DLE 35A I almost purchased the SIG, but somebody else gave me a PT-19 for free so I got that instead.

danskis

Master member
The one I'm flying.....past couple of days its been the mini F22 - the next "I need that" will be a twin motor versa wing. What I'm really wanting is a place to slope soar.

Tench745

Master member
"Dream plane" is a hard thing to define. My brother and I had this discussion when he started showing interest in RC and I share many of his views. As I see it, there are a few different reasons for/categories of a dream plane.
-What do you want to SEE fly
-What do you want to BUILD
-What do you want to OWN
-What do you want to FLY YOURSELF
And possibly another category of, what do you want to tinker with until it works perfectly.

I would love to see a giant B-36 droning around the sky, and it would be neat to build and fly one, but I have no desire to own one or deal with any of the hassle involved with storing, transporting, or maintaining it. There are a number of hyper-detailed or very large planes that fall into this category for me.

I wouldn't mind owning and flying a PBY Catalina, but the practical issues of owning it start to sour the "dream" aspect for me.
I would need a new flying site for it and somewhere to store it at the very least.

It's not an exciting thing, it's not big or flashy or super-detailed, but for me a UMX Curtiss JN-4 would be tons of fun. I don't necessarily want to build it, but it would be easy to store, there are tons of places you could fly it, and it would look great skimming along at eye level looking all barnstormer-y. The only problem with that is, they don't exist, no one makes one.

I think what I'm interested in is what makes your dream plane a dream plane for each of you? What would you enjoy about the planes you choose?

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
"Dream plane" is a hard thing to define. My brother and I had this discussion when he started showing interest in RC and I share many of his views. As I see it, there are a few different reasons for/categories of a dream plane.
-What do you want to SEE fly
-What do you want to BUILD
-What do you want to OWN
-What do you want to FLY YOURSELF
And possibly another category of, what do you want to tinker with until it works perfectly.

I would love to see a giant B-36 droning around the sky, and it would be neat to build and fly one, but I have no desire to own one or deal with any of the hassle involved with storing, transporting, or maintaining it. There are a number of hyper-detailed or very large planes that fall into this category for me.

I wouldn't mind owning and flying a PBY Catalina, but the practical issues of owning it start to sour the "dream" aspect for me.
I would need a new flying site for it and somewhere to store it at the very least.

It's not an exciting thing, it's not big or flashy or super-detailed, but for me a UMX Curtiss JN-4 would be tons of fun. I don't necessarily want to build it, but it would be easy to store, there are tons of places you could fly it, and it would look great skimming along at eye level looking all barnstormer-y. The only problem with that is, they don't exist, no one makes one.

I think what I'm interested in is what makes your dream plane a dream plane for each of you? What would you enjoy about the planes you choose?
For me it is because the Albatrossnis my favorite WWII plane, and Ernst Udet was my favorite pilot of all time. That scheme also looks amazing, and Balsa USA makes great kits.

"Corpse"

Legendary member
This definitely doesn't qualify, but if i had infinite money to spend on one thing i'd do my own spec FT-270