What’s Your Dream RC Plane?

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
I have been doing some daydreaming and my dream plane would be a balsa P-51D with about an 8 foot span. It would have all of the special features like retracts and droppable drop tanks. It would also have a scale cockpit. Of course this plane would be a pain to own and transport, and I don’t have anywhere to store it, so it probably won’t happen. For dream planes that I CAN own and fly however, I would like a turbo timber.

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
After thinking about the turbo timber a bit (I like doing that), I read some reviews on Horizon’s website ad a lot of people said things about its landing gear being weak. I checked the reviews on the timber x and nobody had any complaints, and I don’t remember anything about the original timber. Does anybody else have any bad experiences with the turbo timber? I’m wondering because I probably won’t get one anytime soon, but I hope to by next year, and I don’t want to make the wrong decision. Also I’m sorry to @Ryan O. for hijacking your thread. I didn’t want to make a new thread for this and we are already on the topic of dream planes so...

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
After thinking about the turbo timber a bit (I like doing that), I read some reviews on Horizon’s website ad a lot of people said things about its landing gear being weak. I checked the reviews on the timber x and nobody had any complaints, and I don’t remember anything about the original timber. Does anybody else have any bad experiences with the turbo timber? I’m wondering because I probably won’t get one anytime soon, but I hope to by next year, and I don’t want to make the wrong decision. Also I’m sorry to @Ryan O. for hijacking your thread. I didn’t want to make a new thread for this and we are already on the topic of dream planes so...
I want a timber X soooo bad!!

Hoomi

Master member
I would love to see a giant B-36 droning around the sky, and it would be neat to build and fly one, but I have no desire to own one or deal with any of the hassle involved with storing, transporting, or maintaining it. There are a number of hyper-detailed or very large planes that fall into this category for me.
Here you go:

As for me, one of my upcoming projects is going to be putting together the foam board Skymaster from the plans here on Flitetest. While maybe not as exotic or impressive as many of the planes out there, I've always had a soft spot for the Skymaster.

JennyC6

Elite member
Let's see here. My RC aviation dreams:

* 4-cycle engine...CHECK

* Aerobatic aircraft capable of inverted flight and most stunts....CHECK several times over.

* Multi-cylinder engine powered aircraft...CHECK(ish; have the engine plane is on order)

* Radial powered aircraft

* Turbine aircraft

* Wet fuel helicopter(Scale only; no interest in a 3D ship)

* COX 049 powered aircraft....CHECK

* Warbirds...CHECK-ish, have one warbird arf partially completed but I want several.

* Multi-engine craft(If I can have only one, it'd be a DC-3/C-47 in civilian colors with 4-cycle engines on it but I'd like to have a B-17, B-29, Lockheed Super-Connie, and P-38 as well, and if I had a lotto win I'd probably have a 747-400 with four genuine turbofan engines on it and an SR-71 with long-range FPV/control systems)

* Supersonic model

Hutch Bunch Rc

The one I'm flying.....past couple of days its been the mini F22 - the next "I need that" will be a twin motor versa wing. What I'm really wanting is a place to slope soar.
CAEC1149-416A-41A7-A4F2-CFEDC2B46AA9.jpeg
I actually have one lol