What’s Your Dream RC Plane?

GliderFlyer

Elite member
Now I'd like something that can do that on a semi truck going 60mph! That would make long car rides more fun.
Or an ultra micro glider that you can thermal indoors, or slope soar off your roof whenever you want.

Phin G

Elite member
I would love to make a rc virgin galactic space ship and put in rocket motors at the back.

DinosEatPeople1

Elite member
Mine would be an A5m4 scratch build that has a wingspan of 6ft. It would have to be a scratch build, not even an issue, And with flaps. I would work on building it but I don’t have the space here😔 One day...
A3A8B541-6254-43F9-BF35-52B1D56BDD53.jpeg
this is a mighty mini I have built of one.

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
I would love to be at a swap meet, how do you find one? My dream plane is the FMS PC-21 that Flitetest Reviewed.
Check local club listings, and at the end of every issue of Mode Aviation there's a list of all AMA registered events in each state, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that some of those are swap meets.

PoorManRC

Master member
Dream RC?? I'd love to try a B-29. The Foam Board challenge is of course the very round Nose....
Maybe I could cheat and make a plastic Bubble for the Nose!

There aren't enough 4 Engine FB Aircraft out there. The B-29 seems a formidable challenge in FB.

Money NO object build??? SIX EDF Antonov AN-225!!! 😁😊
A boy can dream.....

Tench745

Master member
Dream RC?? I'd love to try a B-29. The Foam Board challenge is of course the very round Nose....
Maybe I could cheat and make a plastic Bubble for the Nose!

There aren't enough 4 Engine FB Aircraft out there. The B-29 seems a formidable challenge in FB.

Money NO object build??? SIX EDF Antonov AN-225!!! 😁😊
A boy can dream.....

I've always wanted to do a B-36. Same cylindrical kind of fuselage as the B-29, but with a six-engine pusher arrangement.
1:60 scale would get you a 46" wingspan and a 2.5" diameter fuselage. Maybe someday.

Bricks

Master member
Round noses make a wood or what ever plug find a plastic bottle like for Pepsi that fits over the mold take a heat gun and it will shrink to fit the mold.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Round noses make a wood or what ever plug find a plastic bottle like for Pepsi that fits over the mold take a heat gun and it will shrink to fit the mold.
I am going to have to try this with making 3D printed molds... :)

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I am going to have to try this with making 3D printed molds... :)

Would 3d print plastics hold up to the heat gun that makes the bottle plastic form to a mold? Or would you use a vacuum table to pull it down faster and cool it in its final form?

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
Would 3d print plastics hold up to the heat gun that makes the bottle plastic form to a mold? Or would you use a vacuum table to pull it down faster and cool it in its final form?
Depends, PLA will melt with a heat gun, but PEEK and Teflon basically need a flamethrower. Do you have a temperature range for your heat gun?

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Depends, PLA will melt with a heat gun, but PEEK and Teflon basically need a flamethrower. Do you have a temperature range for your heat gun?

My heat gun is basically an old hand held blow dryer. Im not at the level of making things like this. just asking questions to engage more activity into neat threads