What about milliamps?

I have an old heli that i want to fix and it doesn't take a lipo battery. It uses a pack made out of 8 AAA batteries connected in series, so i have to make one of my own. From my knolwedge about batteries (witch is not much) the batteries capacity (ie how much time you are gonna be flying the thing) is determined by amps. So should i go with the biggest amount of amps on the batteries? Thanks in advance.
231370_58ed17f54dd09cb543e3d45eafebde3b.jpg
231372_bb9ab4a3408eabc7d3599b04f309d1af.jpg

FDS

Elite member
You need to get a similar VOLTAGE, so there’s 8 cells in there at a nominal 1.2v each which would give you 8x1.2= 9,6v.
There’s places that make up custom Nimh packs, they would be able to make a replacement that exactly matches that one. You could also try a 2s Lipo if similar dimensions and weight. Lipo is 3.7v average per cell so you would be shy a few volts but the lower internal resistance of Lipo will make up for that.
Miliamp Hours is the capacity of the pack, more Mah= longer duration.

Last edited:
You need to get a similar VOLTAGE, so there’s 8 cells in there at a nominal 1.2v each which would give you 8x1.2= 9,6v.
There’s places that make up custom Nimh packs, they would be able to make a replacement that exactly matches that one. You could also try a 2s Lipo if similar dimensions and weight. Lipo is 3.7v average per cell so you would be shy a few volts but the lower internal resistance of Lipo will make up for that.
Miliamp Hours is the capacity of the pack, more Mah= linger duration.
I have another question. When you connect them in series, the amps add or do they stay the same?

In series the voltage adds and the available amps stays the same as one battery.

Are those NiMH batteries in the pic?
Yes. This is a pack that i made a long time ago to replace the original one (witch was exactly the same) and this has gotten a bit old as well. It was also sitting in storage for at least a year.