What are you thankful for?

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Im 61 in February not too far behind, but feel older.
I married a woman 12 years younger than me, because I was told once your only as young as the woman you feel. Unfortunately my wife isnt the affectionate type, so never really comes near me anymore. The only woman that shows me any affection is my mother, who gives me a hug when I go to visit and she is 90.
So thats why I feel older than my years :cry:

Piotrsko

Master member
Happy birthday fellow old timer!!! For me its not so much the waking up but more the ability to get out of the chair in time to get to the bathroom and then to the coffee pot to start the day properly.
FYI: Saw an ad for a power lift relining bed/chair that I am now lusting after (just can't remember where) . Would solve the getting up stiff joints issue, just hit go button but hopefully not by mistake. Coffee pot first, another minute doesn't cause accidents so far.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I am thankful that even in this crazy time we live in I can still go and have a big Thanksgiving dinner with a small group of friends and family.

This year instead of 16 to 20 people in one house we split into three locations and will socialize and participate using ZOOM and big screen tv's so everyone still gets to celebrate and catch up on the happenings of their lives.

Hopefully you all have similar ways to stay safe and still be with family and friends for the holidays. Stay smart, stay safe, and stay alive to post pictures of the fantabulous foods we shall consume today.

Be sure remember those that gave their lives so we are able to celebrate these special days and take time to think about those that can not or do not and ask that sometime in their lives they too will be able to celebrate.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
I am thankful that there is going to be a partial lifing of the Covid isolation in the UK from the 2nd of December. Which means I will be able to re-visit my flying club next week, weather permitting and get some flying in. I haven't flown since the begining of November, as the British Model Flying Association placed a ban on flying clubs. Effectively stopping members from flying during the Governments isolation period.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I am thankful that there is going to be a partial lifing of the Covid isolation in the UK from the 2nd of December. Which means I will be able to re-visit my flying club next week, weather permitting and get some flying in. I haven't flown since the begining of November, as the British Model Flying Association placed a ban on flying clubs. Effectively stopping members from flying during the Governments isolation period.

Be smart and keep up the social distancing and mask wearing mate. No need to take the extra risk. I learned today a close family member of my best friend was recently tested positive and we are all worried about him as he just spent the last year and a half fighting and beating cancer into submission so he is extremely vulnerable to the bad parts of the Covid evolution.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Thanks for the concern, sorry to hear about your family member.
I have not been personally been tested, but as part of my wifes job she was regularly tested weekly and was twice tested positive, I isolated with her at the time along with my son.
Now its running rife through her side of the family, one of her sisters is in remission from leukemia.
I need to point out that although my wife and members of her family got tested positive nobody has exibited symptoms?

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
@IanT Its like any other disease, illness or virus. It will effect people differently. Some people will get it just standing still on their porch with no one around others can wade thru a sea of positive cases and not have any problems. All we can do is our best to protect ourselves by the choices we make and efforts for prevention we put forth.

slowjo

Master member
Im 61 in February not too far behind, but feel older.
I married a woman 12 years younger than me, because I was told once your only as young as the woman you feel. Unfortunately my wife isnt the affectionate type, so never really comes near me anymore. The only woman that shows me any affection is my mother, who gives me a hug when I go to visit and she is 90.
So thats why I feel older than my years :cry:
If u ever need a hug Ill give ya a manly Bear Hug!:love: just got to come to Michigan :cool:

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Ah do you live in UK im a plymothian and my dad a bristonian.]
I am from the UK and the NHS is great if you have Covid at the moment, but not much use for anything else. That comes from experience trying to get treatment for my 89 year old mother ! I am greatful she is still alive, made a full recovery and last weekend made it to her 90th birthday, no thanks to the NHS on this occasion.

Phin G

Elite member
Ah i am currently self isolateing in my room flying a tiny whoop out my window. I have had the same experience with the NHS because my uncle has covid and cancer and he only has about 1 month left and they are just treating COVID. Happy birthday to your mother.
Phin

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Ah i am currently self isolateing in my room flying a tiny whoop out my window. I have had the same experience with the NHS because my uncle has covid and cancer and he only has about 1 month left and they are just treating COVID. Happy birthday to your mother.
Phin
Really sorry to hear that please accept my sympathy it must be very difficult for you and your family. It seems like the NHS are getting a pat on the back for dealing with Covid yet other illnesses are getting overlooked. Surely thats what doctors and nurses get paid for, just like people in the forces it goes with the job. Don't think I am biased either, both my wife and daughter work in the NHS.