What battery?!

Gospike

I recently purchased two older quads. One is an aluminum framed Armattan (340 mm). The other is a no named 250mm. I don't know anything about them. What sized batteries should I use? IMG_0196.JPG IMG_0198.JPG IMG_0197.JPG IMG_0199.JPG

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I'm guessing 3S 2600mah would be a good place to start. Hard to tell for sure without knowing what the ratings on the ESCs and motors are.

Cheers!
LitterBug

Last edited:

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I'd try around a 3 cell 1300mah 45c as a safe starting place . You could try 4 cell similar specs too, but that might be too much voltage depending on the motor and esc you have. If you have too few cells (voltage) the motors won't spin fast enough to fly. To many cells and they let the smoke out the esc. Too few mah and the flight is just shorter (or longer with extra - but this add weight which can cause poor flying performance). A 'c' rating lower than about 25ish will probably leave the motors starved for pixies, and diminish performance. Higher the C rating, the faster the amps leave the battery without heating up too terribly, which reduces battery life and the amount of energy that can be drawn - sort of a downward spiral of bad performance there.