• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

What did you crash today

I agree - we need to fab up one of these for @Brett_N
I like the idea, so how would we go about making a "by popular vote" award on the forum. I'll certainly help out with creating the award, I have a friend that could laser etch some plywood, I'd just need a way for people to vote so I wouldn't have to count a bunch of thread comments. We'll do it every year.

FliteTest Forum Award
By Popular Vote
Best Photo of Crash 2018
Best Video of Crash 2018
Best Story of Crash 2018

I like the idea, so how would we go about making a "by popular vote" award on the forum. I'll certainly help out with creating the award, I have a friend that could laser etch some plywood, I'd just need a way for people to vote so I wouldn't have to count a bunch of thread comments. We'll do it every year.

FliteTest Forum Award
By Popular Vote
Best Photo of Crash 2018
Best Video of Crash 2018
Best Story of Crash 2018
yeah get one of the mods to make a sticky crash submission thread, along with a poll

It's all on video. Somewhere. It got text'd around but by the time it got to me it was down converted and really grainy. I'll ask around for an original at the field tomorrow. (as long as we don't get too much rain)

Its sad to see a crash like that, but boy that must have been spectacular to watch. That thing is probably in more peices than the kv of your motor (-_-)
And, my guess is that the remnants where somewhere in the range of 3X the KV of the motor. It's a 5056 Hacker spinning a 14inch prop - 400kV range ;-)

Motor, battery, ESC and other electronics survived. Nothing else did.

perfect lawn dart landing! :ROFLMAO:

flying FPV and somehow lost orientation and flight level. went into a loop, then rolled out and all i could see was ground, followed by the usual thud.

20181209_090136_1544394373199.jpg

20181209_090148_1544394374273.jpg

if you look you can almost see my camera buried down there. thankfully we have had some rain and the ground was very wet and soft. the plane took very little damage and will be ready to fly again by next weekend.

laters,

me :cool: