What did you crash today

Marty72

Elite member
I was able to get one of the bearings out, tight fit for sure. So anyone who may be following along, the bearing size for C pack motors is:

4mm ID, 8mm OD, 3 mm thick. Here's the first link I found: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019I28HBE/?tag=lstir-20

these have metal "seals". So metal seals or rubber? Looks like the original bearings are metal "seals", but it's so damn small, I can't tell.

Wildthing

Legendary member
I was able to get one of the bearings out, tight fit for sure. So anyone who may be following along, the bearing size for C pack motors is:

4mm ID, 8mm OD, 3 mm thick. Here's the first link I found: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019I28HBE/?tag=lstir-20

these have metal "seals". So metal seals or rubber? Looks like the original bearings are metal "seals", but it's so damn small, I can't tell.

Won't matter about the shielding, order away :) . If you want to wait longer you can probably get them cheaper out of China :D

After a couple bearing changes they come out way easier :)

Now you say it is for a C pack motor, have they supplied the exact same motor forever?
I would put the brand, model and size of motor for reference.

Marty72

Elite member

Marty72

Elite member
All right, I'll check it out. Thanks for the heads up. I never saw this anywhere, checked the site, could find nothing about any kind of warranty.

Warranty for a crash would be something I would never expect. I'll let you all know.

Hondo76251

Legendary member
I hear the battery debate all the time. It comes down to what level of risk you are comfortable with.

Me, I use a lot of batteries I shouldn't. If I loose a cell in a pack I'll take the pack apart and remove or repair it. I'll bring batteries back that I have accidentally discharged too far, and I've even flown on quite a few puffy single cells.

My solution to mitigating the risks of my reckless nature is to use a battery bunker for charging and metal, fireproof storage for batteries not in use. I keep large batteries stored separately from my slightly damaged ones, and all my little single cells (the ones I abuse the most) live off by themselves...

I've never had a flight battery go up on me, but I have had a Dewalt tool battery catch fire. They are truly scary. One cell ruptured, started smoking, so I tossed it outside in a sand pile. That cell lit, burst into flames, and crackled like a welder. A few minutes later the heat ruptured the adjoining cell, and that process repeated for each cell in the pack. It burned for 30 minutes like this and was still to hot to touch an hour later.

We all use lipos with some risk. The more steps you've taken to mitigate the dangers, the more risks you can safely take.

Wildthing

Legendary member
All right, I'll check it out. Thanks for the heads up. I never saw this anywhere, checked the site, could find nothing about any kind of warranty.

Warranty for a crash would be something I would never expect. I'll let you all know.

That's great if they do and if they don't want the old one back get those bearings anyways and have another motor ready :)

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Update: Damaged C pack motor:

No answer from flitetest, I messaged them early before they opened today. Store now closed until Monday.
I know that Bix said it a couple times in his promo vid so they do have to honor it, and it is a signature FT motor, no one else carries it

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I managed to stuff up my new Sonic Modell Mini AR Wing. It's quite a handfull and I don't recommend flying it line of sight :):):)
Recorded on my goggles, on the table ...
What happened, was it just an orientation issue being all black or was there electronics issues?

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
What happened, was it just an orientation issue being all black or was there electronics issues?
In both cases, orientation issues. It launches easily, so next time I will launch it in FPV. That last crash broke the nose and hatch into about ten pieces, the smallest bit I couldn't find. I've ordered a spare body so I will replace the hot glued-together one in time.
Added more expo in iNav and cut the PIDs in half!

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
In both cases, orientation issues. It launches easily, so next time I will launch it in FPV. That last crash broke the nose and hatch into about ten pieces, the smallest bit I couldn't find. I've ordered a spare body so I will repace the hot glued-together one in time.
Added more expo in iNav and cut the PIDs in half!
I gotta try FPV sometime. I have heard that i ways it makes the flying easier. That LOS can be decieving as far as depth perspective but FPV puts you right in it