What did you crash today

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Reminds me of when I tried to fly my 5ft Stearman off a basketball court. It happens. Is it fixable at least?
eh? :sneaky::unsure::cautious: not sure. Possible. (a little piece of my heart dies with each crash)
each crash weakens the frame. If I rebuild I will add cross-bracing thread, and glue the lower wings in. I designed the wings to be removable for the larger version.
I'll post the vid tonight.

M

MCNC

My Scout and Mini Scout, so now I am out of planes. Looks like a can salvage the mini wing.

Attachments

• 20200125_190230.jpg
    20200125_190230.jpg
    607.3 KB · Views: 0

Zetoyoc

Elite member
I took a prototype out today that turns out had not as much stability as I had hoped. The airframe survived mostly but 6 aborted flights later I had 4 less props. when the package from china costs $1 for 4 props. dont expect too much :)

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
My Scout and Mini Scout, so now I am out of planes. Looks like a can salvage the mini wing.
Time for a warbird!!
I took a prototype out today that turns out had not as much stability as I had hoped. The airframe survived mostly but 6 aborted flights later I had 4 less props. when the package from china costs $1 for 4 props. dont expect too much :)
Well you have to tell us what the prototype is...

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
There was some decent wind on the way home from school today so I tried to slope a sailplane I made recently. The wind hasn't really been cooperating the past week though, It's been really gusty and not that nice, steady wind that's good for sloping. It'll be really strong one minute and then die without warning. When the wind died I stalled my plane trying to keep it up and it nosed into the bushes, it would've been fine except a twig tore half the elevator off.

Legendary member
There was some decent wind on the way home from school today so I tried to slope a sailplane I made recently. The wind hasn't really been cooperating the past week though, It's been really gusty and not that nice, steady wind that's good for sloping. It'll be really strong one minute and then die without warning. When the wind died I stalled my plane trying to keep it up and it nosed into the bushes, it would've been fine except a twig tore half the elevator off.
Just finished removing the damaged parts, I'll probably get it ready to fly by the end of the week. Shame about the weather though, I finally have a decent glider right at one of the worst times of the year for soaring. Too windy to thermal, not windy enough to slope. Hopefully we'll have a nice windy summer, if not fall tends to be pretty good sloping weather.

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Just finished removing the damaged parts, I'll probably get it ready to fly by the end of the week. Shame about the weather though, I finally have a decent glider right at one of the worst times of the year for soaring. Too windy to thermal, not windy enough to slope. Hopefully we'll have a nice windy summer, if not fall tends to be pretty good sloping weather.
Come to Wyoming, Its windy year round! lol

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Honestly though I'd love to move to Wyoming, from what I hear there's more fresh air and fewer communists lol
Amen!

you just have to forgive us for Cheney! o_O:ROFLMAO:

I Lived in California for a few years, and it hadn't gone full crazy yet then! But out here, at least compared to the norm, I'm not that conservative! Truthfully, we're somewhere near Libertarian, You mind your's, I'll mind mine, and the government leaves us both alone! ;)

Legendary member
Amen!

you just have to forgive us for Cheney! o_O:ROFLMAO:

I Lived in California for a few years, and it hadn't gone full crazy yet then! But out here, at least compared to the norm, I'm not that conservative! Truthfully, we're somewhere near Libertarian, You mind your's, I'll mind mine, and the government leaves us both alone! ;)
That last part sounds like heaven...
Here it seems no matter what hobby I choose someone is trying to ban it.