What did you crash today

Aireal Anarchist

Elite member
been a lurker for a while......first post.....Hi

well I didnt crash today but it was hairy for a few moments, I was flying my DeHavalind Beaver on floats and a Murder of Crows started an aireal assault on the Beaver there was about 15 diving at it, being faster and more maneuverable I did a split S and went after them, I picked one off to go after, I followed him down in a dive to the left after him, the whole murder was making a racket, It was ON... I was just starting to get into this war.....but then I heard a FEW Bald eagles screeching and I tore the goggles off to make a quick landing and had 1 eagle take a dive at the beaver, the murder of crows and 6 huge bald eagles were making a racket over my head waiting to see if the Beaver was going back up for an aireal dog fight, ....fun times

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor

well I didnt crash today but it was hairy for a few moments, I was flying my DeHavalind Beaver on floats and a Murder of Crows started an aireal assault on the Beaver there was about 15 diving at it, being faster and more maneuverable I did a split S and went after them, I picked one off to go after, I followed him down in a dive to the left after him, the whole murder was making a racket, It was ON... I was just starting to get into this war.....but then I heard a FEW Bald eagles screeching and I tore the goggles off to make a quick landing and had 1 eagle take a dive at the beaver, the murder of crows and 6 huge bald eagles were making a racket over my head waiting to see if the Beaver was going back up for an aireal dog fight, ....fun times

Congrats on the first post - it’s a good one! Thanks for sharing - that was funny to watch, but scary to be flying when it happened!

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member

That entire post was a trip.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member

That is cool. I have had the same thing with a raven and my Sportster, it was a cat and mouse thing. He wasn't attacking, more of a play thing, but it lasted for a couple of minutes. It was kinda fun actually

bwarz

Master member
I suppose it could have been worse. It's been a not-so-nice winter and I've been in my back yard flying a micro 3 channel and spending lots of time on the simulator. It ended up being a decent day so two of my boys (8 and 10) and I headed to the hobby shop / flight field to take the the air again (we are all quite novice pilots, having flown our first just this past fall). They flew well (I love SAFE for their sake!) and I had a friend maiden a winter project (the JU87 Stuka by MiniacRC) which flew nicely, although a bit fast for my abilities as of now. Passing the radio to me, I 'landed' it. It didn't fair too badly - it lives to fly another day as my abilities improve. My FT Simple Cub however was a bit of a handful. I flew an OK 10 minutes and was having some problems with trimming, but handling it as well as I could in the haphazard breezes of winter. Changed the battery, fiddled with sub-trims, and probably forgot to double-check my CG with the new battery (all I can think of). It was right where the last one was, I swear! I think it caught a bit of a breeze and I seemed to loose any resemblance of aileron and/or maybe rudder (it all happened so fast!) It was heading for the road and I cut throttle and nosed it unceremoniously into the ground. It might fly another day, I might just build myself a new frame with my 14 year old and take the the skies with a new attitude and a new plane. I had to take the micro champ out in the back yard after dinner and remind myself that I could actually fly something LOL.

Attachments

• 20200217_183721.jpg
    20200217_183721.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I suppose it could have been worse. It's been a not-so-nice winter and I've been in my back yard flying a micro 3 channel and spending lots of time on the simulator. It ended up being a decent day so two of my boys (8 and 10) and I headed to the hobby shop / flight field to take the the air again (we are all quite novice pilots, having flown our first just this past fall). They flew well (I love SAFE for their sake!) and I had a friend maiden a winter project (the JU87 Stuka by MiniacRC) which flew nicely, although a bit fast for my abilities as of now. Passing the radio to me, I 'landed' it. It didn't fair too badly - it lives to fly another day as my abilities improve. My FT Simple Cub however was a bit of a handful. I flew an OK 10 minutes and was having some problems with trimming, but handling it as well as I could in the haphazard breezes of winter. Changed the battery, fiddled with sub-trims, and probably forgot to double-check my CG with the new battery (all I can think of). It was right where the last one was, I swear! I think it caught a bit of a breeze and I seemed to loose any resemblance of aileron and/or maybe rudder (it all happened so fast!) It was heading for the road and I cut throttle and nosed it unceremoniously into the ground. It might fly another day, I might just build myself a new frame with my 14 year old and take the the skies with a new attitude and a new plane. I had to take the micro champ out in the back yard after dinner and remind myself that I could actually fly something LOL.
My cub has seen a lot of crashes too... Welcome to the forums btw!