What did you crash today

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
I had to climb approx 45ft up a pine tree to get a versa wing planted in a fork the near the top, new flyer flew into the sun lost LOS and well you know ...... it was late in the day so I left it there, I had considered busting the wings tips off with my 12ga shot gun to get it down and suffer the damages and consider what I didnt ruin a win :cautious: but I had a moment decided to just go get it, had it been any other tree I would likely have shot it down, but pines have branches like a ladder all the way up....hot glued on the winglet that was laying on the ground and its flying again no damage other than a dimple the size of a pea and the winglet that came off

maybe we will wait till the local airfield is open again before the new flyers give it another go, instead of flying at home with many so obstacles:rolleyes:
I would use a 20ga at most with very light shot and a full choke, it would be a shame if a stray bb went through an expensive bit of electronics or ruined the motor.

"Corpse"

Legendary member
I would use a 20ga at most with very light shot and a full choke, it would be a shame if a stray bb went through an expensive bit of electronics or ruined the motor.
Yeah, 12ga's are really a lot to shoot an airplane out of a tree. Plus, if it is not your property that is seriously dangerous. You don't know where the bb's are going to land and cause damage. If you can, use a low power pellet gun. Or full auto airsoft guns work great too! Especially with heavy bbs.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Before:
C6E2BF62-964C-438A-933C-AB504D50BA73.jpeg

After...
93E06683-6059-4C99-B8B0-E5E6107DD675.jpeg

My $1.2 elevator servo kinda stripped so it struggled to go up, and at medium-high speed you couldn’t pull up, and I came in for a low pass and went straight for the concrete building... I’m gonna borrow a ladder and get it off later today.

Wildthing

Legendary member