What did you crash today

OliverW

Legendary member
I know, i am already headed in that direction. I bought (2) 4 star 120's from an estate. 81" wingspan. 1 has a super tiger 3000 and the other a MDS 218. Both way bigger engines than the plane calls for....about 1.8 and 2.2 cubic inch displacement. I think i am headed down a hole I cant escape from! Should i seek psychiatric help before its too late?
If you need to I should. Picking up my biggest tomorrow morning

bwarz

Master member
didn't crash them today but was ready to write then off and rebuild. corsair had nasty thrust angle due to poor repair... some cuts, some twisting, and some glue.... gonna give it another shot. the p51, well she's a bit worse off (that's the second cowl...) I removed all of the field tape and started to remember that day:ROFLMAO::LOL: ripped the plane into three pieces and taped it back together for two more flights. I thinks it's got more to give!
1597633057055476609251923786820.jpg

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
A friend of mine at the local club has one of those and has many similar accidents. those plane do glue together well, but he smashed it really bad last weekend. He is going to buy a new one. They do look like a ton of fun. I thought i would build a foamboard one to practice on and then buy one of these next year.
Sweet - they are amazing birds! I’ve been flying my FT edge and doing sum practice so I felt ready for the extra. It flies so well but I was 100% sending it as hard as I could and ended up crashing... Oh well.

mayan

Legendary member
I was having a blast with the ultimate i was given yesterday. Note to self, don't trust 3s 2200's from Amazon cause they'll decide that fully charged=LVC. Was doijg a rolling harrier and at about 2 minutes into the flight my motor suddenly slowed a little then shut off. Thankfully I was able to pancake it inverted though! View attachment 177331
Crashing a lot lately is everything ok with you 😂🤣😂🤣😂?

ofiesens2

Professional noob
Crashed my Versa wing into Lake Michigan today :confused:
There's a massive empty area of sand dune that I fly over, usually just doing passes up and down the coast. I guess I got a bit too far out over the water and a gust of wind sent me into a spin from 100 feet up. It was all over from there.

She was my workhorse over the summer, built it with a pusher motor so that I could fly it on sand dunes without worrying about sand clogging up the motor. I was easily getting 30 mins of flying on a 2200 3s with the original Beef motor. Guess I'll have to build another one for next summer.
RIP
Didn't have the GoPro onboard this time. Maybe that's a good thing lol

dap35

Elite member
Today I learned that Loctite and balanced props are a good idea. On my third battery this morning, the motor separated from my Spear. Thankfully, I killed the motor before it broke the wires. The rapid deceleration event just led to a couple of wrinkles in the nose and cuts where the prop cut the wing as it spun off. New prop, locktite, and hot-glue. Ready to fly tomorrow.