What did you crash today

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Today was one of those days where you feel a false confidence in your skills, or premature if anything. I took up the Seaduck for a couple batts and had a plan to practice harrier landings and got bored with it so playing limbo with power lines looked like a good idea, Now i know it isnt recommended but better judgement isnt my strong suit. I took a couple passes with no issues, amongst other gaps. But all was well, so stepping up the game wasnt out of reason. Till the powerlines won. The Duck is done. I undid all the other repairs i did to it plus an epic amount of other pieces i picked up off the ground.

If that wasnt enough, given my destructive nature today, i took out the Goblin. Made sense, smaller airframe, somewhat more stable. Shooting gaps was easier to line up but a little more responsiveness was my enemy and i trashed that as well. It is fixable but i am not to eager to get it back in the game yet.

Tomorrow is @The Hangar Stick... lets see what i can do to that. I will try to get vid of it for various reasons...

"Corpse"

Legendary member
Today was one of those days where you feel a false confidence in your skills, or premature if anything. I took up the Seaduck for a couple batts and had a plan to practice harrier landings and got bored with it so playing limbo with power lines looked like a good idea, Now i know it isnt recommended but better judgement isnt my strong suit. I took a couple passes with no issues, amongst other gaps. But all was well, so stepping up the game wasnt out of reason. Till the powerlines won. The Duck is done. I undid all the other repairs i did to it plus an epic amount of other pieces i picked up off the ground.

If that wasnt enough, given my destructive nature today, i took out the Goblin. Made sense, smaller airframe, somewhat more stable. Shooting gaps was easier to line up but a little more responsiveness was my enemy and i trashed that as well. It is fixable but i am not to eager to get it back in the game yet.

Tomorrow is @The Hangar Stick... lets see what i can do to that. I will try to get vid of it for various reasons...
Those power lines cut foam like a razor! I did the same thing to my first trainer and it cut right through the wing.

Good Luck with the Simple stick! Maybe try a onboard cam for some good gap footage...;)

Wildthing

Legendary member

That actually sounds like fun. Next time try to hit the wires and see how you do. :D

Bricks

Master member

If that wasnt enough, given my destructive nature today, i took out the Goblin. Made sense, smaller airframe, somewhat more stable. Shooting gaps was easier to line up but a little more responsiveness was my enemy and i trashed that as well. It is fixable but i am not to eager to get it back in th

If I fly in my lower hayfield there is a power line running down the middle, I can be at the other end 100 yards away and it just sucks it right in not a thing I can do. It is just not my planes but anyone that comes and flies out here hits it at least once. I swear there is someone watching and when we fly they flip a switch and some anomaly happens it is VoDoo at it`s highest level.

"Corpse"

Legendary member
I finally found a way to charge the stupid UMX batteries, so today was a big flying day for me! I flew the UMX pitts 4 times today and my whoop 6 times as well! On my last pack through the pitts, I decided to do a low pass right over my head, buuuuut there was a big metal basketball hoop behind me. I scored a 3 pointer with the pitts and had to get a big ladder to get it down. The wing was cracked but it is now fixed with some hot glue and some masking tape! I'll be flying tomorrow, so it should be a great day!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I finally found a way to charge the stupid UMX batteries, so today was a big flying day for me! I flew the UMX pitts 4 times today and my whoop 6 times as well! On my last pack through the pitts, I decided to do a low pass right over my head, buuuuut there was a big metal basketball hoop behind me. I scored a 3 pointer with the pitts and had to get a big ladder to get it down. The wing was cracked but it is now fixed with some hot glue and some masking tape! I'll be flying tomorrow, so it should be a great day!
I’m glad you got that charger to work! Let’s say it was a thank you for building the needle cutter. :)

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Ugh... Not my UMX Timber.

IMG_3382.jpeg
1128 UMX Timber Crash.jpg