What did you crash today

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
it is Kevlar not CF and i did upgrade to a the satellite rx. i also spoke to several people including the manufacturer about any possible interference due to the Kevlar. all said it was not an issue. trust me, i didn't just grab the first cheap RX i could find and throw it in the plane.

OliverW

Legendary member
Ugh I'm bummed. Had the horizontal stab folded in a big slow roll.
20201222_125152.jpg

Bricks

Master member
With out really nailing down what happened SquirrelTale it is a crap shoot could of been many things a bad BEC a servo that stalled or drew too much voltage unless the cause can be nailed down blaming the receiver is just a cop out unless you do find that was the problem.

As much as I cringe at my nephew sometimes he flies his Jim Beam plane 30CC size with a 6 channel Lemon light receiver and never had an issue.

I have bunch's of Lemon and Gen 2 Orange receivers and knock on wood never have had a glitch

OliverW

Legendary member
With out really nailing down what happened SquirrelTale it is a crap shoot could of been many things a bad BEC a servo that stalled or drew too much voltage unless the cause can be nailed down blaming the receiver is just a cop out unless you do find that was the problem.

As much as I cringe at my nephew sometimes he flies his Jim Beam plane 30CC size with a 6 channel Lemon light receiver and never had an issue.

I have bunch's of Lemon and Gen 2 Orange receivers and knock on wood never have had a glitch
All my receivers would just shut off and never turn back on again. This happened on many different setups. Only a couple of the receivers have been crashed before

flyingkelpie

Elite member
Yesterday I crashed my Cub. Forgot to check the CG took it up and then I realized it was really nose heavy. Came round for a sharp turn spiraled wildly and smashed into a tomato bush backed up by a wooden fence. Thought it would be alright but it seems as if it was to worn out and simply gave up. Was repairable but I decided to let the dead rest instead of resurrecting my plane for the possibly the 4th time. :unsure: Can't count. Oh well, it will be replaced by the mini scout which is almost finished. Just using up my horrible non papered depron.

whackflyer

Master member
completely different plane. member at the filed watched my crash last sunday and gave this to me today. motor, esc, servos, battery, everything. :love:
Wow that's a caring person... I wish my friends gave me complete planes when I crash but everyone laughs and then we break out the hot glue :ROFLMAO: that's a beautiful plane tho!

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
20201227_133424.jpg

accidentally hit my "search" button on goggles when going under the hood, don't mind first few secs of madness. :sneaky:

crappy battery let out after only 3 laps.

wing is already fixed and ready for another barnstorm wednesday.

me :cool: