What did you crash today

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
How does one fly six packs at the field, only to crash the tool/parts bin on the 5 foot trip from the table to the car??? :black_eyed:

Looks like a loss of pitch control to me, perhaps a stall - maybe try to keep the airspeed more constant on the approach and ease off the throttle to control altitude and flare at the last moment with the elevator? :p

Maxstudio

When planes attack!

When Planes Attack!
Capture4.JPG

Opened the back of my hand like a filet knife!
Capture3.JPG

Maxstudio

Ouch! Were you launching or catching?

Launching! was by myself so i made a plate to attach the FPV ground station to my radio, which made it very top heavy. when i went to hand launch i was fighting to control the radio and when i hit the throttle the plane slipped out of my right hand and attacked my left! LOL

HilldaFlyer

Wasn't exactly today... but this is the story of the Crosby CR-4.

I made a built up Crosby and this is the maiden:

I started on repairs, but in the meantime I built an FT-Style plane. Here is her first maiden:

The damage was minor, so it was ready for Maiden #2:

Last edited:

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Took a small fleet to a different spot today. There were race gates. This means I "HIT" the gates LITerally. Gate 1 Hellbender -1 motor -1 ESC -1 led strip. Who let the smoke out? Who, who, who, who? Gate/Prop strike into ESC, then someone yelling "SOMEONE IS ON FIRE"... Being the only one in the air at the time, and watching a screenfull of grass, Kinda wondered how bad this was going to be. Got off easy.
GotSmoke.jpg

Cheers!
LitterBug

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
better then being in the dentist and smelling smoke..

Picture 1970's Bill Cosby..

MOKE!!! MOKE!!!! I sthmell MOKE... Myb libbip ith on fiber

zombiefox

Well... the wing was trying to imitate a bird and tried to flap... but all that did was put the plane into a nose dive.

IMG_3431.JPG IMG_3424.JPG

Could have been a lot worse tho.

richb2599

HobbyKing Navy Cub

No pictures cause I have it all fixed, but just as a reminder.....be sure to ALWAYS check your controls before every takeoff! I didn't and the ailerons were reversed. OUCH!

F106DeltaDart

Elite member
No pictures cause I have it all fixed, but just as a reminder.....be sure to ALWAYS check your controls before every takeoff! I didn't and the ailerons were reversed. OUCH!
Aww man, glad you got it fixed though. I learned that lesson with my Durafly Spitfire. How do you like the Cub? I have one of those on the way, with plans for headtracking FPV.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Had Baby Tri #2 fall out of the air with FC power fail over the weekend. Found the crappy wires I had used on my logging device had frayed, broken, and caused an intermittent short.
LoggerFAIL.jpg

Fortunately no damage...

Cheers!
LitterBug

Last edited:

richb2599

Aww man, glad you got it fixed though. I learned that lesson with my Durafly Spitfire. How do you like the Cub? I have one of those on the way, with plans for headtracking FPV.

The cub is every bit as nice as HK has advertised. I have also set it up with headtracking. Here's the real kicker....this is my second Navy Cub. I lost the first one while flying fpv. My mistake. I tried to turn on the DVR on my fatsharks while flying and lost the video and consequently lost the plane. What a bummer! This new one has gps with return to home if needed. Anyway, it's a nice plane. I will be trying the maiden again tomorrow.

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
Don't know if it's more a maiden or a crash but I finally managed to fly my Graupner mini P-47
It needed 60% of expo on the ailerons to fly correctly, def not a begineer plane!