What did you crash today

Well, she is gone for good. I was flying FPV with my Master Series corsair and lost her. I had put a full 2600mah 4s under the goggles and was having a blast! Dive bombing tree lines and trying to do some low passes, just enjoying the heck out of it. I test flew my mini master series corsair, then put another battery into the Big Corsair for another fpv flight. I was taking it easy on this one, when in the middle of a stall turn, my radio cut out, she went full throttle leveled out somewhat and went over the tree tops where my spotter couldn't see. I still had video signal! It went for what felt like 10 minute, realisticaly more like 45 seconds, and I saw it head for trees and signal was gone. I searched that patch of woods, consisting of 80-120ft pine trees, and thick with palm trees near the ground for about 4 hours. Trying to see it in the tops of trees. Gone! Here some pics of the journey of the first Master series that FT put out.

Attachments

• 0414191314.jpg
    0414191314.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 0421191056a.jpg
    0421191056a.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 0421192252a.jpg
    0421192252a.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 0508191727.jpg
    0508191727.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 0605192011a.jpg
    0605192011a.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0

Hoomi

Master member
That sucks! Anyone nearby with a drone that could do some fly-overs and see if it can be spotted from the air?

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Crashed nothing again today. Wonder how Hai-lee copes with that. Might just fly into a light pole or fence just so I can build something else.
I thank you for your concern but today I didn't crash anything.
The same cannot be said for the others at the local club. It was very windy again today, (The birds were walking on the ground rather then flying), but I still continued with the lessons as well as a few maidens.
I still managed to bring home a few repairs which other club members are not capable of.

s an indication of the wind and turbulence strength we get to deal with one young club member was flying his FB Parkflyer Stick and as he flew into the same area where I lost the tundra, he also was trying to avoid being sucked into the trees when the front skewer ripped out completely, the wing flew off and into the trees, and the fuselage impacted the ground with such force that the Orange Rx broke into many pieces and his battery is now about half an inch shorter.

I am making a replacement Fuselage and carrying out other repairs between posts!

Just another day at the field!

Have fun!

basslord1124

Master member
Crashed my profile plane today. It was kind of an "off the cuff" design anyways loosely based on an RCGroups design resized for foamboard. Think I ended up being tail heavy...gave a ton of elevator to pitch up, but no doubt she was coming down. Hit down nose first and crumpled the fuse pretty good. The fuse uses a single sheet of foamboard, so I'll probably just trace it and rebuild it. Here's a before and after...

profile-plane1.jpg

crash-nose-1.JPG

The nose flops around like a fish lol.

JennyC6

Elite member
Didn't post it at the time 'cause I was at Edgewater, but I put my NexSTAR into a tree! And then fixed it, flew it the next day.

unknown.png

There's the runway I flew off of, and the X marks the spot pretty much right on the nose.

IMG_20190802_181418.jpg

The damage done. All of it. No joke, it went into that tree full throttle and that's all the damage it took. Trainers are tough birds!

IMG_20190803_094753.jpg

IMG_20190803_094751.jpg

I didn't have access to the proper supplies to fix that. No balsa, no cutting tables, no plans, covering, covering irons, none of it. But what I did have was a tube of crazy glue, a golf course map, and some foams from a set of crawler tires. Combining the three netted this repair! It looks a bit how-ya-doin', but it's aerodynamically identical to how it was pre-crash, and the plane flew flawlessly after that repair got made.

Javiester

Elite member
I should have stayed at home
yesterday afternoon I got bored and I started to build the FT Delta since I had the powerpod of the Flyer
this morning I went out with the FishV2 the TT sport and the Delta
in the second battery of the Delta suddenly turns and plummets, a broken Chinese new servo, not gearing
I take out the car TT and suddenly I hear a clack and the engine on one side and the TT on the other, engine lost in the undergrowth
I say to myself, for sure, the Fish and I notice that it has no power, falls without damage
I guess I have the engine burned because it gives 50% of its power and heats up a little
so one shit day
I'm going to build a metal detector to look for the TT engine
greetings to all
and keep practicing

chris398mx

Master member
It was a sad day. I destroyed my Ultra Sport 40 that I built as a child 29 years ago. It was only 2 weeks ago that it had its maiden flight. I built it over a winter after getting a trainer from a high school teacher. My thought was I would learn to fly the trainer and then fly the Ultra Sport. I never did learn to fly the trainer so I never flew the Ultra Sport until 2 weeks ago. I have been dragging it around from home to home for 29 years and this spring found Flite Test and foam airplanes. So I bought a couple kits and got to it. Plus I bought a simulator that speed the learning curve up tremendously. Since March i have built and crashed at least 12 Foam airplanes, but can now fly inverted (on a good day with little wind). Anyway, I maidened the Ultra Sport 2 weeks ago and had a dead stick landing (whoa....lucky). So today I commissioned some help from some new friends familiar with glow engines and they got the engine running smooth. So I had 2 successful flights and she was flying stable and awesome. The wind was 10-12 MPH, but these heavier nitro balsa planes cut through much better than the foam planes. On the 3rd flight, I was making a level pass over the runway when the plane started to roll left.......right aileron input did nothing as she rolled on her side and headed for mother earth. I was helpless to stop the inevitable as she lawn darted nose first and exploded on impact. As the Crash team evaluated the carnage that was left behind, we surmised that either the 30 year old on/off switch failed or the battery pack came unplugged from the switch. GAME OVER. Here is the before and after.

DSC00014.JPG

1566691661065.png

Point of Impact
1566691572757.png

DSC00016.JPG
DSC00021.JPG

Jimun

Elite member
It was a sad day. I destroyed my Ultra Sport 40 that I built as a child 29 years ago. It was only 2 weeks ago that it had its maiden flight. I built it over a winter after getting a trainer from a high school teacher. My thought was I would learn to fly the trainer and then fly the Ultra Sport. I never did learn to fly the trainer so I never flew the Ultra Sport until 2 weeks ago. I have been dragging it around from home to home for 29 years and this spring found Flite Test and foam airplanes. So I bought a couple kits and got to it. Plus I bought a simulator that speed the learning curve up tremendously. Since March i have built and crashed at least 12 Foam airplanes, but can now fly inverted (on a good day with little wind). Anyway, I maidened the Ultra Sport 2 weeks ago and had a dead stick landing (whoa....lucky). So today I commissioned some help from some new friends familiar with glow engines and they got the engine running smooth. So I had 2 successful flights and she was flying stable and awesome. The wind was 10-12 MPH, but these heavier nitro balsa planes cut through much better than the foam planes. On the 3rd flight, I was making a level pass over the runway when the plane started to roll left.......right aileron input did nothing as she rolled on her side and headed for mother earth. I was helpless to stop the inevitable as she lawn darted nose first and exploded on impact. As the Crash team evaluated the carnage that was left behind, we surmised that either the 30 year old on/off switch failed or the battery pack came unplugged from the switch. GAME OVER. Here is the before and after.

View attachment 140518
View attachment 140523

Point of Impact
View attachment 140522

View attachment 140520 View attachment 140521
Ouch, so sorry about your plane. With what you know now you could build a new one and try again.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!

View attachment 140518
View attachment 140523

Point of Impact
View attachment 140522

View attachment 140520 View attachment 140521
Oh, man. 29 years. That's a whole lot of ouch. Are you going to keep her spirit alive and put the powerplant into another plane or is that it for balsa for you?

chris398mx

Master member
Oh, man. 29 years. That's a whole lot of ouch. Are you going to keep her spirit alive and put the powerplant into another plane or is that it for balsa for you?
Yes, I think I will find another plane to put the engine in for the short term. i put the debris in the basement to decide what to do with it later. i would like to find the plans for this plane and build another some day.