What did you crash today

mach1 rc

Master member
Were you trying to fly or hand launch to slow that gets a lot of people, those type of planes need speed to fly and have control. Where is the CG?
I tried chucking it hard but still didn't work. The cg is about an inch or 2 back from the leading edge.

mach1 rc

Master member
Where was the center of gravity? This is a difficult to fly, very fast design, and if it was tail heavy that would be very difficult to control.
I had it about an inch or 2 from the leading edge. Ben harbers baby Bugatti gave me some idea of were it should be.

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Did it roll into the ground? Go straight down right as you launched, or did it "fly" into the ground? Did you ever do a glide test?

mach1 rc

Master member
Did it roll into the ground? Go straight down right as you launched, or did it "fly" into the ground? Did you ever do a glide test?
Yah it seemed to torque over and no I didn't glide test this one but I did ben harbers baby Bugatti I thought there would be some similarities between them.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
That's a pretty big CG range
Yah it seemed to torque over and no I didn't glide test this one but I did ben harbers baby Bugatti I thought there would be some similarities between them.

In theory they should be similar - but in practice, air doesn't scale up and down like the wing span does, and airfoils work differently at different sizes too. I'd say glue her back together and try some glide tests to make sure the CG is in a good place.

mach1 rc

Master member
That's a pretty big CG range

In theory they should be similar - but in practice, air doesn't scale up and down like the wing span does, and airfoils work differently at different sizes too. I'd say glue her back together and try some glide tests to make sure the CG is in a good place.
I did just get done gluing it together and am about to put a rudder on it. The other one didn't have a rudder so maybe that was the problem.

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
Maiden went well, for a bit...:ROFLMAO:

20191201_102638.jpg

laters,

me :cool:

CheckMySix

Well, didn't crash but put a 11x5.5 prop on my simple cub. Wow is that fun! Can go straight up all day but old eyes can't let it go too far (or above 400'. Have the C motor (1180kv). If you do, I highly recommend.
It. Battery got a touch warm but motor and esc cool a s a cucumber after 12 minutes of heavy throttle.

Learning FPV. Really need a spotter friend. After taking off goggles, I knew where the cub was but was temporarily blinded from the light change lol. Once I got focus she was about 120° down angle lol. That's why I got 3 mistakes high and had time to pull up. Cubbie is so forgiving too. Having a blast with this bird!
Love the thread title! It's all about the FCRR! Fly, crash, repair and repeat. Have fun!

CheckMySix

That is epic! Rats... loved that paint job too. Just like my old slow stick.
Got to the field Saturday and a buddy told me I just missed a 100mph flight with his wing since he went up to bigger batter. About a minutes into his next flight he just didn't have the control surface to come out of a looping turn towards the ground and took a dirt nap! Broke my heart cause I felt like he was showing off for me. And he wanted to borrow my cheapo FPV camera I just got lol.