What did you crash today

Tench745

Master member
I had to take the micro champ out in the back yard after dinner and remind myself that I could actually fly something LOL.
The little champ is good for that. I've used mine for the same purpose more than once... Pretty much every time the Jenny took to the skies had to be followed with a champ flight come to think of it. Glad you're having fun at least.
I just bought myself a (really) cheap laser cutter to use as a CNC needle cutter to eliminate some of the annoyance that is re-cutting a plane I've crashed.

"Corpse"

Legendary member
The little champ is good for that. I've used mine for the same purpose more than once... Pretty much every time the Jenny took to the skies had to be followed with a champ flight come to think of it. Glad you're having fun at least.
I just bought myself a (really) cheap laser cutter to use as a CNC needle cutter to eliminate some of the annoyance that is re-cutting a plane I've crashed.[/QUO
The laser cutter is such a convenience. You can just plug in a usb drive, and voila'! perfect plane parts! With the amount of crashing I do I really should get one.

FL_Engineer

Elite member
Maidened the Timber X and flew the Scout today. Good news, the Timber left the field in one piece. The same can't be said for the Scout. It didn't have much penetration in the wind and kept getting tossed around. A smarter man would have landed it and tried another day but here I am... I nosed into the ground on the other side of a fence and I had to do some climbing to retrieve it. The fuse is split behind the wing along with one of the formers. I think it "could" fly again if I wanted it to but it may be time to hang it up. I think it is tail heavy, should have tried a 2200 in it.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Maidened the Timber X and flew the Scout today. Good news, the Timber left the field in one piece. The same can't be said for the Scout. It didn't have much penetration in the wind and kept getting tossed around. A smarter man would have landed it and tried another day but here I am... I nosed into the ground on the other side of a fence and I had to do some climbing to retrieve it. The fuse is split behind the wing along with one of the formers. I think it "could" fly again if I wanted it to but it may be time to hang it up. I think it is tail heavy, should have tried a 2200 in it.
Glad you had success with the timber X! I really want one! My buddy's scout was super tail heavy, and even with the radial C pack motor sticking about an inch forward from the nose (That's where the firewall was, the tip of the motor was probably 3 inches away from the fuselage) and even with a 1800 3s all the way forward, it was still tail heavy. Now we did use Elmer's foam board for the tail feathers, so that did make it a lot harder to balance...

"Corpse"

Legendary member
I learned a lesson today. I just finished a triplane mod on the baby blender. It flew so wonky, mostly because it was tail heavy. The vertical stabilizer was also turned to the right about 10 degrees. I inevitably crashed right into the earth. The tail broke off, and I taped it back on.(y) Now the tail was crooked but the stabilizers were correct. After some nose weight it flew amazing! I learned to make sure everything is square and symmetric before you fly.

bwarz

Master member
A sunny and calm morning greeted me and my coffee today. 28 degrees but calm for a change. Out came the Champ and 4 batteries later I was getting brave - out came the T28 micro. Just FYI the Champ (3 channel) needs some aggressive control input for my back yard (or maybe its just me!) I put a new wing on the T28 a few weeks ago and have tried to fly it a few (very) short flights. First battery (3 minutes in the cold) went OK. Hit the swingset, a miscellaneous tree branch. Second battery about as well. Hit the house (who put that there????), hit the tree, caught in the Charlie Brown bush more than once. Still figuring out the ailerons need speed, slower, use the rudder. Third battery....the swingset operated on my plane and amputated my right wing. Workbench and epoxy here I come....

Wildthing

Legendary member
A sunny and calm morning greeted me and my coffee today. 28 degrees but calm for a change. Out came the Champ and 4 batteries later I was getting brave - out came the T28 micro. Just FYI the Champ (3 channel) needs some aggressive control input for my back yard (or maybe its just me!) I put a new wing on the T28 a few weeks ago and have tried to fly it a few (very) short flights. First battery (3 minutes in the cold) went OK. Hit the swingset, a miscellaneous tree branch. Second battery about as well. Hit the house (who put that there????), hit the tree, caught in the Charlie Brown bush more than once. Still figuring out the ailerons need speed, slower, use the rudder. Third battery....the swingset operated on my plane and amputated my right wing. Workbench and epoxy here I come....

Wouldn't it have been easier to list what you didn't hit :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

IdoAllMyOwnStunts

Elite member
Cutting is the worst. Hot glueing is so much fun, it’s like welding! Just made myself a new arrow, old one bit a tree in high winds.
1BC190C2-3989-4F37-81BE-A0499DD30038.jpeg

"Corpse"

Legendary member
I hit quite a few things when I had my first trainer. I was about 11 and some girl came up and said "You can fly airplanes?!":LOL: I looked at her and said "Yeah, its really cool" I then promptly looked back and saw that the plane had crashed into a pole:ROFLMAO::cry:. I never got distracted again.

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
Today was the first day of my Part 107 class. They just hired a new professor to teach it and I have my concerns. He seems to be a bit of a blue falcon and isn't particularly safety minded, especially compared to the last guy who taught it. He left the room on several occasions during flights leaving a few rather unproficient pilots unattended. When we went outside winds were 10 it's gusting to 15, he decided it would be fine to fly our 7 ounce drones. We went out with five and came back with one. Flights were poorly coordinated and instruction was negligible. Mt. SAC has rather high standards for aviation professors so it's a matter of conjecture whether he'll be back next semester.

IdoAllMyOwnStunts

Elite member
Today was the first day of my Part 107 class. They just hired a new professor to teach it and I have my concerns. He seems to be a bit of a blue falcon and isn't particularly safety minded, especially compared to the last guy who taught it. He left the room on several occasions during flights leaving a few rather unproficient pilots unattended. When we went outside winds were 10 it's gusting to 15, he decided it would be fine to fly our 7 ounce drones. We went out with five and came back with one. Flights were poorly coordinated and instruction was negligible. Mt. SAC has rather high standards for aviation professors so it's a matter of conjecture whether he'll be back next semester.
Lol sounds like a terrible drone bashing. Guy sounds like not the greatest teacher. Sad...