What did you crash today

danskis

Master member
I swapped out the motor on my E flite P51 foamy and forgot to swap out the ESC.....full throttle launch - it "crashed" into the ground when the guy hand launching it dropped it like a hot rock - which it was - as smoke was billowing out of it because the ESC was way to small. Boy does that stink.

IdoAllMyOwnStunts

Elite member
I swapped out the motor on my E flite P51 foamy and forgot to swap out the ESC.....full throttle launch - it "crashed" into the ground when the guy hand launching it dropped it like a hot rock - which it was - as smoke was billowing out of it because the ESC was way to small. Boy does that stink.
That stinks😜. Electrical fires are fairly dangerous and unpredictable when you add lipos into the mix.

IdoAllMyOwnStunts

Elite member
F22 tip stall, RIP
A0E96660-14F4-478C-B641-766134DCAA0D.jpeg
731D3124-8B17-4CAF-AF76-831EE8D33EBF.jpeg

CustomRCMods

Elite member
Just curious where do you have the receiver placed in this plane? At that distance your control issue was when the plane was basically in the same attitude each time, banked left and turning more out infront of you. Could you have something blocking the signal in this attitude?
It’s in the rear of the fuse, with a sattelite mounted on the tail boom. pretty standard setup, i’m pretty sure it’s just because it was a junk knock off of an ar6210. I got what i paid for!

Namactual

Elite member
I lawn darted the Rhino today...
LawnDart.jpg
No real damage other than ripping off the nose, (by design), and a little leading edge crinkle. A little hot glue and she will be right as rain.

The wind was SSW and I did not want to land out in the field as it was still a little damp. Once I get that massive willow tree cut down and the yard cleaned up a bit, I will be good to go.

Wildthing

Legendary member
I lawn darted the Rhino today...
View attachment 164710
No real damage other than ripping off the nose, (by design), and a little leading edge crinkle. A little hot glue and she will be right as rain.

The wind was SSW and I did not want to land out in the field as it was still a little damp. Once I get that massive willow tree cut down and the yard cleaned up a bit, I will be good to go.
That wasn't a lawn dart, that was just a big flop. ;)

Glad you didn't hurt my plane to bad :)

Bricks

Master member
It’s in the rear of the fuse, with a sattelite mounted on the tail boom. pretty standard setup, i’m pretty sure it’s just because it was a junk knock off of an ar6210. I got what i paid for!

It would be interesting to try this test since you were always circling right if the problem would still be there going to the left. Just one of those curious things.