What did you crash today

bwarz

Master member
ok. .I tried to laugh. Quite a bit windy and sloppy depth perception landed me hard into a tree. Luckily I was able to retrieve it...
20200521_175431.jpg

Won't be as nice looking as before, but I think some glue and stir sticks will have me back in the air after an evening. After this didn't have the nerve to maiden the zero or corsair:cry: Oh well...heading back out, maybe the wind will calm down

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
I think I am giving up on the design for now.. either I messed up the CG when I moved the servos (it was fine before I left, but the wind made it impossible to check on the field) or something else. Supper sensitive on the elevator (even after dialing down the dual rates to 60% and as low throws as I could put the servo horns) and really bad rudder controls. It eventually took one to many crashes while trying to get it to fly (yes it wouldn't take long to fix it). I am thinking about retiring this and putting the motor/etc in a new frame...

halfSheetMultipleCrashes.jpg

shadeyB

Legendary member
Not so much of a crash today but I Dragged out my busted up little Durafly Mk24 Spitfire today, gave her a little makeover, replaced the broken and remove the gloopy glue joints with plastic hinges 😍 gave her a little paint job. Now to rob my daughters old dolly box for a pilot
little more painting to do and finish her
D4ABA153-8DAC-4C2A-8D31-46B19ACCA3D8.jpeg

Last edited:

OliverW

Legendary member
ok. .I tried to laugh. Quite a bit windy and sloppy depth perception landed me hard into a tree. Luckily I was able to retrieve it... View attachment 169596
Won't be as nice looking as before, but I think some glue and stir sticks will have me back in the air after an evening. After this didn't have the nerve to maiden the zero or corsair:cry: Oh well...heading back out, maybe the wind will calm down
@Grifflyer

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
ok. .I tried to laugh. Quite a bit windy and sloppy depth perception landed me hard into a tree. Luckily I was able to retrieve it... View attachment 169596
Ouch that's too bad...

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
It was hilarious! Yeah I did hear it!
Nobody wanted to come film it so i had to do the little tripod thing. I wish you could have seen it. Totally went from straight out of my hand and went vertical in less the 30', stalled to the left and dove into the pole.

Could have been a combo of an already heavy plane, over propped, over winged, and maybe a little nose light. Worth a shot any way

Rhaps

Elite member
So again I got eager to fly. I still don't have the T16 yet, maybe another month or so. I do have a Tiger moth to try, being my design, this might teach me some things... and teach me it did. Its good for a laugh if anything
Shame about the plane, video was all kinds of perfect though.
Gave also feels like "I'm not the only one" and "Now i'm too scared to maiden the duck"