What did you crash today

Musdang

Not Quite Legendary
I did a maiden on my mini mustang! The first flight was the worst, as the plane banked right, (I think due to wind) but I was able to correct it somewhat whilst slightly losing altitude and “gently” landing in the grass. Both prop blades broke so you could say a crash but other than that all went extremely well!

Burnhard

Smashed my Tiny Trainer today. I recently tried out FPV and added a little cam on the vertical stabilizer. Although the CG was where it should be, the cam added a lot of drag. Was flying LOS, with the cam recording. On my hand launch, the aircraft pitched up a lot. I managed to get control but conditions were also less ideal, pretty grey with a bit of wind. Had to hold a lot pitch down. Eventually I could not see the orientation of the aircraft and smashed it straight in the ground. Shortened the fuselage by about 3cm. Seems I came down straight on the prop. Damage was actually not that bad. A bit of a bruised nose and a few scratches. The only thing I had to fully rebuild was the powerpod as that seemed to have absorbed the major force. Motor is still running. Servos seem to be fine as well. Aircraft is already back in one piece. This is what I love about foamboard.

Pieliker96

Elite member
Finally managed to kill my fourth lil profile 3D plane. The wings had been flexing for at least 15 flights, and I finally got the bbq skewer in the leading edge to snap. The wings folded and it went straight on in - time to build another! :)

1639252289757.png

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Soooo I was kinda silly today.... 😂😂😂😂...
Ridiculously high winds... And extremely gusty!!!!
I decided to fly my plane 😂😂... The good old trusty Kadet...😂😂😂.
I can still remember that sound...... Gggguuuuuaaaaaggggggg!!!!!! Amidst the wind howling in my ears .

Alas dear old Kadet died in an attempt to land, when coming around for a landing..
In the bank the wind caught her and forced her into a tree,at full throttle..
The wing broke on half, and the entire nose section broke off!!
The rudder and elevator were shredded, and I had a good hearty laugh 😂.
Boy it was fun flying in wind like that, the bumpy wind, and extreme difficulty to fly it... And the adrenaline rush!!
FUN!!!!!
Alas poor Kaddy, you died while pleasing your master 😂😂
DSC_0927.JPG

Before......
DSC_0863.JPG

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
Soooo I was kinda silly today.... 😂😂😂😂...
Ridiculously high winds... And extremely gusty!!!!
I decided to fly my plane 😂😂... The good old trusty Kadet...😂😂😂.
I can still remember that sound...... Gggguuuuuaaaaaggggggg!!!!!! Amidst the wind howling in my ears .

Alas dear old Kadet died in an attempt to land, when coming around for a landing..
In the bank the wind caught her and forced her into a tree,at full throttle..
The wing broke on half, and the entire nose section broke off!!
The rudder and elevator were shredded, and I had a good hearty laugh 😂.
Boy it was fun flying in wind like that, the bumpy wind, and extreme difficulty to fly it... And the adrenaline rush!!
FUN!!!!!
Alas poor Kaddy, you died while pleasing your master 😂😂
View attachment 213933

Before......
View attachment 213934
Ouch! (But you did a very thorough job of it) Are you building a second one? What changes will you make?

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Well... I found the 👃 nose, if the plane, the motor, ESC and prop all undamaged!!!
I love masterairscrew props!!
I'm really glad I found the electronics!!
Especially my over priced Eflite ESC!!!
I also got some christmas wrapping paper, for a cool Christmas Kaddy

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
My son had a bad day at the field... this was the results of his first 2 batteries of the day..

1640462254037.png

SSgt Duramax

The beloved P40 bit the dust today. I didnt take the stick back from my daughter quick enough.

By the time i did the plane was going down in a spin quick. It was darker and I lost orientation. I cut power and tried to pull up. It ended up outside the flying area and lost sight. Luckily it didnt land in any trees and landed right next to a main road and not in it.

Luckily, it will fly another day. Just lost the hatch and prop.

Titebond 3 and white gorilla glue FTW. @SP0NZ 3d printed firewall held up nicely too.

20220117_183418.jpg

SSgt Duramax

Well, first pack went ok. Landing was a little rough and tweaked the front gear.

Second pack, i tossed it, not sure what happened but the motor broke loose and the plane banked hard left and nose dove about 10 foot off the ground.

I knew I should have printed the mount out of petg and glued it. This ensued.

bright side is that it is only 2 pieces to print.
20220206_180836.jpg

SSgt Duramax

where it crashed, nobody knows

Ouch! I nearly want a flight controller/GPS set up, not so I can do unmanned long missions, but so I can do return to home. But I am not going to lie, hooliganism over trees a long distance away is kind of asking for it. I hope you find it. Maybe you need to send another one in search of it.

bisco

Elite member
i lucked out. there's an elementary school behind the woods, and i walked over to look for it. the kids were out at recess and i was wondering around the woods looking everywhere. suddenly i hear 'hey mister, come out of there!' :eek:
i said, i'm looking for my airplane, and he said, is it yellow? yes! it's over there on the picnic table. someone found it earlier. :Dit's not as bad as it looks, the wings were just taped on. it's all back together except i need to solder a couple mot wire back onto the bullet connectors.
i wasn't intentionally flying over the trees, but this little thing is a buzz bomb with a new larger motor and prop.
i have poor vision, and lost orientation :(

Attachments

• D52555E1-B8FE-4254-911C-5E46CFD5122B.jpeg
    D52555E1-B8FE-4254-911C-5E46CFD5122B.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

SSgt Duramax

i lucked out. there's an elementary school behind the woods, and i walked over to look for it. the kids were out at recess and i was wondering around the woods looking everywhere. suddenly i hear 'hey mister, come out of there!' :eek:
i said, i'm looking for my airplane, and he said, is it yellow? yes! it's over there on the picnic table. someone found it earlier. :Dit's not as bad as it looks, the wings were just taped on. it's all back together except i need to solder a couple mot wire back onto the bullet connectors.
i wasn't intentionally flying over the trees, but this little thing is a buzz bomb with a new larger motor and prop.
i have poor vision, and lost orientation :(
I've noticed as I have aged, my depth perception wanes. I am going to try to score some lasik before I get out of the military. I haven't been to the optometrist in over a decade. I don't think there is anyway I am 20/15 any more.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Monday evening flight:
So managed to fly my plane this evening.
In a tiny space... Knew the landing would be very tricky....
So after 5 Min... It was getting to dark... So I brought it in for a landing
Came on cut power.... Gust caught it on the side... Rolled it off behind trees 🙈.
Nosed down completely... Heard a scrunch....
🙈😑...
By pure luck I had nosed over 20cm away from the edge of the pool......
Easy repair... But super thankful it didn't land in the pool 😂.... So ya... No electronics damaged..
The battery as a bit of a dent in it... But otherwise nothing else...

DSC_1338.JPG

Burnhard

Crashed the Bushwacker yesterday. Right after launch the battery ejected resulting in immediate loss of control. The damage looks worse than it is. On the fuselage the damage is limited to the nose. The wing will likely need a bit more work as there are a few cracks.

Started to cut away the damaged pieces on the fuselage. Will do the new nose tonight.

Attachments

• F693441B-917F-41F3-8F3A-2DB19230C99A.jpeg
    F693441B-917F-41F3-8F3A-2DB19230C99A.jpeg
    976.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 275E6E68-FBEA-4E9A-931C-52AF461CA12B.jpeg
    275E6E68-FBEA-4E9A-931C-52AF461CA12B.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0