What did you crash today?

dylanbeaudette

Had a little mishap today. Right after the start the battery decided to exit the aircraft resulting in an immediate loss of control and a pretty hard landing.

Lesson learned, will add battery straps next time.

Ouch! It’s hard to see such beautiful planes wrecked. We use heavy duty Velcro to keep the batteries in place. Works great until you crash hard, then the batteries are usually ejected. Good luck with repairs! Incidentally , my son and I just scratch built our first power pod to replace the last one we destroyed.

Burnhard

Ouch! It’s hard to see such beautiful planes wrecked. We use heavy duty Velcro to keep the batteries in place. Works great until you crash hard, then the batteries are usually ejected. Good luck with repairs! Incidentally , my son and I just scratch built our first power pod to replace the last one we destroyed.
I do have that in the Bushwacker as well. It just seems that I did not properly stick the battery to it. The damage looks worse than it is. On the fuselage, all damage is just on the nose (which I repaired at least four times before). Will build a new nose. The wing also seems fixable with a bit of carbon tube and the like. Should fly again next weekend.

Last edited:

bisco

Elite member
Welp, just finished rebuilding the timbernator from the last crash.
She flew beautifully, and I was trying to land on the asphalt drive between two post and rail fences.
Poor depth perception and I caught a wing on a post.
Back to the rebuilding board, I’m getting pretty good at this :LOL::ROFLMAO: CEB54285-DBF2-4FA6-8EFD-4679E4549DE5.jpeg

dylanbeaudette

She flew beautifully, and I was trying to land on the asphalt drive between two post and rail fences.
Back to the rebuilding board, I’m getting pretty good at this :LOL::ROFLMAO: View attachment 220938

Oh ouch! How do you like that plane? Some friends let us fly theirs and we had a lot of fun. The price tag but a quick end to that though. Do you find that this type of plane is simple to repair? So far we have only built FT models using speed-build kits.

bisco

Elite member
it is my favorite, and the easiest to fly of all my airplanes. AS3X makes it very good in wind. i have 5, one is in too many pieces,
one flew over some trees and never came back, this one is on wheels, and another on floats.
and number 5 is still in the box.
if you keep you eye out, they can be had for good price on sale or around a hundred bucks used. sounds expensive, but you get a lot for your money.
you do need a spektrum tx, or maybe open tx, idk.

dylanbeaudette

Back to the rebuilding board, I’m getting pretty good at this :LOL::ROFLMAO: View attachment 220938
What kind of glue is appropriate for these kind of planes (styrofoam?). My sons’s sport cub has a crack in the wing.

luvmy40

Elite member
Yikes, what happened?
I happened!:ROFLMAO:

Lack of skill on the stick, first flight of the season, first flight of the plane, yada, yada, yada.
The next filght was much longer but ended with me letting it get too far out and I couldn't tell how it was oriented, so I chopped the throttle and tried bring it back toward me. It ended up coming down in a copse of trees with minimal damage. She's fixed and ready for another go round when I get back home from this trip.

Last edited:

bisco

Elite member
i just copy and paste the you tube link, but i have never seen a video like yours. why is it almost square instead of rectangular?

CrshNBrn

Elite member
My Ben Harber F-16 came to a premature death this morning. The foamboard had been delaminating more and more on the control surfaces (and everywhere else) and control was getting sloppier with each flight. This pile of scraps is the result of one poorly flown low altitude turn that didn't turn out.

Attachments

• 20220520_112126.jpg
    20220520_112126.jpg
    1,002.2 KB · Views: 0