What did you crash today?

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
My Ben Harber F-16 came to a premature death this morning. The foamboard had been delaminating more and more on the control surfaces (and everywhere else) and control was getting sloppier with each flight. This pile of scraps is the result of one poorly flown low altitude turn that didn't turn out.
Ouch!

mastermalpass

Elite member
My Ben Harber F-16 came to a premature death this morning. The foamboard had been delaminating more and more on the control surfaces (and everywhere else) and control was getting sloppier with each flight. This pile of scraps is the result of one poorly flown low altitude turn that didn't turn out.

Ooh dear!. Sounds like you got some good mileage out of it though!

luvmy40

Elite member
Today I crashed my Tiny Trainer, My MS Mini Corsair, my FT Flyer 3D and my FT Adventure. In fact, I crashed them all multiple times and had a blast doing it. The Tiny T is fixable, as is the Adventure. The Corsair and Flyer 3D are a total loss.

Yay! I get to build them again!!!

Had a great time at Wings Over Edgewater today. I hope to take my grandson out for more fun Monday with his B-Day present, the FT Micro Freighter.

Last edited:

dap35

Elite member
IMG_3108.jpeg
So I decided to maiden my X32 Mk4 today in prep for the club EDF fun fly tomorrow. The second launch was good and the first pass OK, but in coming around, I snapped it right into the ground. The good thing is it landed on the road into the farmer's field.

I went home and apparently performed an exorcism when I when to use up the second battery while cleaning the debris from my sidewalk and driveway.... I also let the sacred smoke from the motor. I knew it was cursed. The up side is that the Mk4 version hit almost 90mph in its brief existence :)

basslord1124

Master member
Not today, but this happened Saturday.
PXL_20220618_125750114.jpg

First flights of the year. And actually this occurred on the Duck's 2nd flight. The first one I noticed a very heavy up tendency thinking tail heavy. Brought her in like that safely believe it or not. Noticed elevator needed horribly trimmed. Fixed that and shifted the battery up a little. Took it up again, happened to aim it right at the sun, swore I saw it go inverted, and then down it went. Wind gusts were a tad strong that day, so I'm thinking the wind may have had a little do with it too.

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
View attachment 227368

First flights of the year. And actually this occurred on the Duck's 2nd flight. The first one I noticed a very heavy up tendency thinking tail heavy. Brought her in like that safely believe it or not. Noticed elevator needed horribly trimmed. Fixed that and shifted the battery up a little. Took it up again, happened to aim it right at the sun, swore I saw it go inverted, and then down it went. Wind gusts were a tad strong that day, so I'm thinking the wind may have had a little do with it too.
Ouch!!

william Metge

View attachment 227368

That's a good one!

RossFPV

View attachment 227368

Is it just me or does it look angry? 😠

OliverW

Legendary member
Had this happen on Monday. Crappy glue let go and the wing pulled off the mount and started fluttering. Was a spectacular crash though, engine was buried in the mud
75DB0FB4-86F6-48BE-8EF9-2EAB01314F68.jpeg

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
Might as well post this here as I did crash LOL. 1 down, 27 to go :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. @cyclone3350 sorry my friend, I tried. @Hondo76251 that first takeoff was bush challenge worthy, I definitely had lots more power than necessary. Black Bart is up next, stay tuned LOL.

Last edited:

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
Looks a bit tail heavy
That it was , had brownouts all three crashes so something else was up as well. First crash lost throttleand control , second had control but no throttle, third ons I pushed the throttle full coming out of the turn to come low past me and lost everything thing again, that one was a sick feeling cause it smacked the ground hard LOL. No coming back from that one, it is beyond repair

IMG190512-023948F.JPG

william Metge

That it was , had brownouts all three crashes so something else was up as well. First crash lost throttleand control , second had control but no throttle, third ons I pushed the throttle full coming out of the turn to come low past me and lost everything thing again, that one was a sick feeling cause it smacked the ground hard LOL. No coming back from that one, it is beyond repair

View attachment 227426
It was beautiful, now it’s a trophy.

william Metge

26DD44A6-C76E-4BCD-951F-1EFD94921E31.jpeg

You know it's a good day for flying when this happens... Got it out completely intact. could have flew it longer, but it took a half an hour to get it out and we were done.