What Did You Fly Today

herbertjalarcon

Elite member
I had a great day of flying...flew my own designed Toy Hauler to piggyback drop a Simple Soarer...the flew my Baby Blender and Scout FPV...had an Epic dogfight between my SE5 and a Fokker DR1 I built for a friend...then my Peitinpol (sp?), Cub and Bushwhacker! All scratch built from FT plans...Super great day!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I had a great day of flying...flew my own designed Toy Hauler to piggyback drop a Simple Soarer...the flew my Baby Blender and Scout FPV...had an Epic dogfight between my SE5 and a Fokker DR1 I built for a friend...then my Peitinpol (sp?), Cub and Bushwhacker! All scratch built from FT plans...Super great day!
I love it when I have a great day like that!

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
pic from yesterday.

DSC02915.jpg

laters,

me :cool:

Hoomi

Master member
Two flights on the Simple Scout, and one each of the Stinger and Air Hooterville. The nosewheel on the Stinger came loose, so I need to reglue it before flying again, which cancelled the second flight of it today. I came in a little bit steep on the landing for Air Hooterville, and snapped off the main wheels on her. It's repairable, but that also cancelled her second flight today.

We do get a bit spoiled by our weather this time of year in Baja Arizona.

Scout01192020.jpg

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Got two flights in on my Mini Spitfire today. First was the maiden, it flew awesome right off the batt, needed a few clicks of down and right trim, the camera battery died about 3 min in so I decided not to post it. I got out later in the day for a second flight which was awesome! I think this might be my new favorite plane.
P1280893.JPG

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Got two flights in on my Mini Spitfire today. First was the maiden, it flew awesome right off the batt, needed a few clicks of down and right trim, the camera battery died about 3 min in so I decided not to post it. I got out later in the day for a second flight which was awesome! I think this might be my new favorite plane.
View attachment 155298
It goes so slow at the end there you didn't even need to land it, you could have caught it mid air!

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Nice vid, loved the editing!! That thing moved pretty fast!! How did it feel?
Super stable, like a rock, it was good. I was kinda miffed when it went down in the end. I did the long term through the almost knee high snow, I was tired when I got there and expected to be picking up pieces. The snow absorbed 95% of the impact, there was a small fracture in the nose and that's it, 2 minute fix. Good to go again.
Congrats on a successful maiden! Did it feel good to get out and fly again? That was fast, but if you get those 4s batteries, it’ll be a whole new beast! :devilish:
Felt great to fly again, your right though, 4s will be nuts. It's as fast as the goblin was now, but the 4s batts will be exciting :eek::D

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Stay away from the house, heck fly closer to home anyways so we can see you. ;)
I wanted to open it up, had to stretch the legs. I think that house has a Wifi signal cutting into my signal. lost s many planes over there. Tomorrow I am goin back to the farmers field. Hopefully the sun is shining for better lighting

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
View attachment 155298
OH MY Gosh! That was seriously nice flying! Just beautiful to watch! The plane? With no frame of reference, I would have sworn I was watching the real thing. Very well done, Griff. Very well done, indeed!