What Did You Fly Today

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I've had a few successful runs in the 3rd mode but I fear I've flown quads too long in self level mode to ever be any good with them! Lol I'm a fixed wing guy by trade!

I did get to fly a buddies "real" freestyle quad a few times and I could actually manage that to some extent so I see where a real quad guy could tinker with the inductix and get it dialed in, but for me just terrorizing the dogs in the house, the inductrix is just fine! Lol personally, I like to make laps with it in the house and alternate from dodging the dogs over their heads or through their feet... keeps them on their toes, they rarely get me any more! 🤣
Yeah, mode 2 seems to be the sweet spot.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Raw rip on my bone stock Yellow inductrix FPV (not FPV+) in leveling mode during a recent indoor fly.

There are several times in the video where I bump into things and it gets stuck in propwash and it falls to the ground.

I have some DVR files from the last one where I was flying my custom built whoop with the XMF3E that I need to edit and post up. It just bounces off and after I regain orientation, continue flying.

LitterBug

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
Raw rip on my bone stock Yellow inductrix FPV (not FPV+) in leveling mode during a recent indoor fly.

There are several times in the video where I bump into things and it gets stuck in propwash and it falls to the ground.

I have some DVR files from the last one where I was flying my custom built whoop with the XMF3E that I need to edit and post up. It just bounces off and after I regain orientation, continue flying.

LitterBug
When you're settling with power like that you have to move forward out of your propwash. Adding power just makes it worse.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor

LitterBug
On my FPV+ if I crash the props come off. It’s kinda annoying. It looks like the yellow inductrix doesn’t have that issue.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
On my FPV+ if I crash the props come off. It’s kinda annoying. It looks like the yellow inductrix doesn’t have that issue.

It has happened, just not very often. I hit the wreath one time that same night and a prop popped. really depends on the angle of the hit. I'd get new props if it was happening a lot.

LB

LitterBug

Techno Nut
When you're settling with power like that you have to move forward out of your propwash. Adding power just makes it worse.
Bad firmware/tuning. It won't react to the sticks no mater what you do. At one point in the video, I flew under a Night vapor in high alpha. The downwash from that caused the same thing, and I was already moving forward. LOL Pretty bad when one of those can knock you out of the air!

Last edited:

Vimana89

Legendary member
I'm up to slender delta shenanigans again:LOL:. The longer, less decorated one has been maidened and I'm testing it further, it's light, about the same weight as the small one with a longer wing chord, greater wing area, bigger motor, same span, and overall slightly more slender aspect ratio. Handling is as good if not better than the smaller one, and it's more powerful. Both have the drawback of wing rock in all but the slightest high alpha at low speed, which is something I haven't yet solved for the super extended deltas, so not a dedicated high alpha floater. It does loops though and rolls are out of this world, and top speed is pretty fast👍

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Bad firmware/tuning. It won't react to the sticks no mater what you do. At one point in the video, I flew under a Night vapor in high alpha. The downwash from that caused the same thing, and I was already moving forward. LOL Pretty bad when one of those can knock you out of the air!
Have you changed the battery cable? That tiny little connector doesn't provide sufficient amps for the yellow inductrix...

Legendary member
I'm up to slender delta shenanigans again:LOL:. The longer, less decorated one has been maidened and I'm testing it further, it's light, about the same weight as the small one with a longer wing chord, greater wing area, bigger motor, same span, and overall slightly more slender aspect ratio. Handling is as good if not better than the smaller one, and it's more powerful. Both have the drawback of wing rock in all but the slightest high alpha at low speed, which is something I haven't yet solved for the super extended deltas, so not a dedicated high alpha floater. It does loops though and rolls are out of this world, and top speed is pretty fast👍
Looks like a paper airplane.

Vimana89

Legendary member
Looks like a paper airplane.
Pretty much. I'll post it on the "foam paper plane" challenge too. It doesn't use any real folds or have that big dorsal vertical stabilizer though a lot of dart paper planes have, but the wing profile is 100% classic dart...not that you can't stick tri tails and stuff on paper planes, I'm sure I'm not the only one who got a bit creative with them as a kid:LOL:. Flies surprisingly good. I'm collecting and editing some footage, should have a good vid some time today.

Legendary member
Pretty much. I'll post it on the "foam paper plane" challenge too. It doesn't use any real folds or have that big dorsal vertical stabilizer though a lot of dart paper planes have, but the wing profile is 100% classic dart...not that you can't stick tri tails and stuff on paper planes, I'm sure I'm not the only one who got a bit creative with them as a kid:LOL:. Flies surprisingly good. I'm collecting and editing some footage, should have a good vid some time today.
You're not the only one, I made some pretty strange ones too. I had no idea there was a paper plane challenge, I'll have to check that out. I'm curious to see how fast you could make one of these go, with some decent power they could be pretty impressive.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I ran 3 packs through the mini edge this morning. The conditions were perfect - sunny and no wind. I also brought out the FT-3d but discovered one of the motor wires had come undone. :cry: I practiced knife edge with the mini edge for most of the flying. I'll say it's a bit underpowered on 3s and the B pack, but I still was able to boost my confidence a lot in flying knife edge. I practiced both directions - belly of the plane facing me and facing away, always using right rudder. I'll try using left rudder next time I go out. I took two tumbles, so I'm going to fix the minor damage now. the cowling could use a little glue and the firewall came undone from the power pod.

@L Edge I went into a little more detail on this post.

Vimana89

Legendary member
You're not the only one, I made some pretty strange ones too. I had no idea there was a paper plane challenge, I'll have to check that out. I'm curious to see how fast you could make one of these go, with some decent power they could be pretty impressive.
I've got a couple good bursts of full throttle in some of the footage here I'm sorting out, need a bit more trim and practice because it really is much faster than I thought! Once I get some practice I want to get some really nice straight passes on full throttle. My PA special has a really high top speed and a bit more instant acceleration, but this new slender delta is probably my fastest plane yet. Loops are surprisingly good, and the roll rate is just ridiculous. I think once you get past a certain length to span ratio on a slender delta into the super slender ranges, high alpha and slow flight performance drop and you get funny wing rock that looks like a penguin trying to run the Olympics if you fly too slow or too drastic an angle of attack, but still no bad stalls. Once I stopped expecting this to be a high alpha floater or slow flyer and kept it from a modest cruise to high speeds, it really impressed me.