What Did You Fly Today

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
It's not to prove you wrong, it is the amount put on and how long it is left on before being wiped off.
In general i was trying to make a point to alleviate the confusion as to whether it was an defective FB and the first thing you need to do is eliminate variables. To make it easier for the new people if you use oil based polyurethane it is pretty much trouble free and so user friendly it is really hard to screw it up and sit there scratching your head as to what is wrong with the process. Then you swoop in and take it in totally the other direction by showing what you did with the exact opposite of what i just said in the previous post. Would you disagree that using oil based is the easier path to take with less margin for error?

danskis

Master member
I maidened this today...I did put a motor and servos on it - 1806 and a 2 cell. It flew great. Sorry no video.
P40mini.jpg

ScottSteward

Took the FT Tiny Trainer out for a toss with the glider wing on. About 7MPH winds. Was hoping to find a thermal. Didn't find that but what I did find was about 10 minutes worth of a good time. ;)

Didn't fly that heli or quad. That's from another day. It was just the only pic of the FTTT I had.

Attachments

• 92119761_10221871729213317_4498123140341170176_o.jpg
    92119761_10221871729213317_4498123140341170176_o.jpg
    332.5 KB · Views: 0

Figure9

Elite member
Well thank you for proving me wrong, I definitely don't get enough of that. You definitely have it down to an art. I salute you sir

I suspect it’s more of a newbie factor in my case. You both are proven builders & I compare my few weeks of experience with the results you have coming from your benches. My results were not good, improvement will come from trying what both of you suggest & how those using that advice works out for me on my own bench. Nothing but respect for both of you.
Is this how Flite Fest Combat became so popular? :unsure::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Bavarian_RC

Elite member
Today my trusty FT Bronco had its 300th fligth! Never thought it would live that long, as my last one only made it to 160.

IMG_2571 - Kopie.JPG

For those of you who are interested in facts and figures, some statistics:

First flight: April 2018
Number of flights: 300
Total time airborne: 36h 03min
Total distance: 2253 km
Total amount of altitude climbed: 155436m

Not bad for a piece of foam :cool:

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Today my trusty FT Bronco had its 300th fligth! Never thought it would live that long, as my last one only made it to 160.

View attachment 164441

For those of you who are interested in facts and figures, some statistics:

First flight: April 2018
Number of flights: 300
Total time airborne: 36h 03min
Total distance: 2253 km
Total amount of altitude climbed: 155436m

Not bad for a piece of foam :cool:
And she still looks great!!!

TDL

Finally had a chance to fly after two weeks stuck indoors.
My 5th flight on this bird. Getting a little too comfortable and starting fooling around. Gyro is off until close to the end of the flight, you can see gyro helps to hold in knife edge easily.
However, I found gyro results a higher stall speed. I need to maintain 30% throttle or dip a wing. So the landing was pretty hot. The next flight was cut short because the plane acted weird. This is the picture taken after landing....
8A9D6104-8D1B-422E-B5CA-72D1E7897756.jpeg

TDL

And the walk of shame on flying my Pitts S2. Finally got the right prop with tons of power. The roll rate was slow so my fingers were out of sync when trying rolling harriers. Only damage is the prop beside my pride..lol.
It turned out the dual rate switch of ailerons on my new TX is totally opposite to my old TX. I was flying at 60% on ailerons...

moke

Well weather was above 0 and wind below 50 so let's take the Grumman F7F Tigercat out for it's maiden. The Tigercat flies :) . As a tail dragger there is no attempting to launch diagonally against the wind, soon as you start to move the wind turns it instantly so it did take a couple attempts to get it up because the wind kept turning me straight for clumps of snow. Finally I went totally diagonal to the runway, so a very short one now and up she went.

maidened p40

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Well I got to fly my buddy’s new Durafly Bonanza today! It’s on sale currently for $70 and man, that’s a steal! It flies nice and fast, but launches are pretty sketchy cause it likes to pitch down when you apply throttle... Overall a very fun plane! Oh yeah, and I finished up my valuehobbies Giles yesterday and have already flown several packs through it. It’s an awesome airplane!