What Did You Fly Today

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I did not fly it, but am lucky to have a field really close by where they fly some really awesome stuff. Was out with the Wife getting some top down time and stopped by the Private Airfield where this group flys. We caught some Jet action before moving on to pick up lunch.
This guy is a multiple time national champion that flys "everything" from Tiny whoops fpv, all the way up to jet powered aircraft. He rolled this Jet Glider up the taxiway, flipped a switch to start it, and taxied out to take off. Enjoy!

Cheers!
LitterBug

Last edited:

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Well, not much flying... but looks like I wont have to take the floats off for a while!

20200516_120311.jpg

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Today I flew the H-king TTX, UMX B-17, my modified simple cub, my modified A-10, and the P-38. The second pack through the TTX I came in for a landing and tip stalled. The only damage was a broken prop so I need to order some more. The TTX is a blast though! It flies fast, looks awesome, and is a great sport plane. I was doing high speed low passes, right side up and inverted! :D The cub was a blast to fly, and I improved on my landing techniques. I ended up putting it in a small tree when I circled around to land it. I thought I was past the tree but I guess not!
3A0B4D31-5981-4E4D-978C-9C9879724B80.jpeg

The UMX B-17 is super fun to fly! I had fun buzzing my relatives who came to watch me fly! The A-10 is the FT one that I built at 70%. I flew it off of a twin B pack, but decided to pick up two 64mm fans for it. I had prepared for it to crash, but was surprised that it flew as well as it did! It came in weighing about 2.5 pounds and had a slightly less than 1-1 thrust ratio. It has a lot of slop in the aileron control surfaces so I’m going to add linkage stoppers to tighten things up.
C9CF67C5-D4CF-4A4E-B67C-48115595F69C.jpeg
The P-38 is one of the smoothest flying FT planes I’ve ever flown! I used the radial C motors on 9x4.7 SF props on 4s and 3s. On 3s it’s more than enough power for scale, and on 4s it’s just ballistic! I’m a huge fan of how it performs! I was flying my last pack I had with me and it was getting close to dead, and I did a loop but as I was coming out of it I lost all elevator control and it powered straight into the ground! It hurts to watch a project you spent 20+ hours on get destroyed.
D620A579-7551-4808-A6E6-3F21FE39F387.jpeg
740DD268-FAC3-4650-9870-3DAC3C84E0F8.jpeg

Upon inspecting the damage I think I’ll build a new left nacelle and nose. The wingtips should glue back on easily and the elevator should glue on easily as well.

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Today I flew the H-king TTX, UMX B-17, my modified simple cub, my modified A-10, and the P-38. The second pack through the TTX I came in for a landing and tip stalled. The only damage was a broken prop so I need to order some more. The TTX is a blast though! It flies fast, looks awesome, and is a great sport plane. I was doing high speed low passes, right side up and inverted! :D The cub was a blast to fly, and I improved on my landing techniques. I ended up putting it in a small tree when I circled around to land it. I thought I was past the tree but I guess not!
View attachment 169173
The UMX B-17 is super fun to fly! I had fun buzzing my relatives who came to watch me fly! The A-10 is the FT one that I built at 70%. I flew it off of a twin B pack, but decided to pick up two 64mm fans for it. I had prepared for it to crash, but was surprised that it flew as well as it did! It came in weighing about 2.5 pounds and had a slightly less than 1-1 thrust ratio. It has a lot of slop in the aileron control surfaces so I’m going to add linkage stoppers to tighten things up. View attachment 169191 The P-38 is one of the smoothest flying FT planes I’ve ever flown! I used the radial C motors on 9x4.7 SF props on 4s and 3s. On 3s it’s more than enough power for scale, and on 4s it’s just ballistic! I’m a huge fan of how it performs! I was flying my last pack I had with me and it was getting close to dead, and I did a loop but as I was coming out of it I lost all elevator control and it powered straight into the ground! It hurts to watch a project you spent 20+ hours on get destroyed.
View attachment 169192 View attachment 169193
Upon inspecting the damage I think I’ll build a new left nacelle and nose. The wingtips should glue back on easily and the elevator should glue on easily as well.
"I improved on my landing technique" proceeds to land in a tree :LOL:

slowjo

Master member
View attachment 169173
The UMX B-17 is super fun to fly! I had fun buzzing my relatives who came to watch me fly! The A-10 is the FT one that I built at 70%. I flew it off of a twin B pack, but decided to pick up two 64mm fans for it. I had prepared for it to crash, but was surprised that it flew as well as it did! It came in weighing about 2.5 pounds and had a slightly less than 1-1 thrust ratio. It has a lot of slop in the aileron control surfaces so I’m going to add linkage stoppers to tighten things up. View attachment 169191 The P-38 is one of the smoothest flying FT planes I’ve ever flown! I used the radial C motors on 9x4.7 SF props on 4s and 3s. On 3s it’s more than enough power for scale, and on 4s it’s just ballistic! I’m a huge fan of how it performs! I was flying my last pack I had with me and it was getting close to dead, and I did a loop but as I was coming out of it I lost all elevator control and it powered straight into the ground! It hurts to watch a project you spent 20+ hours on get destroyed.
View attachment 169192 View attachment 169193
beautiful fleet to bad bout the p38 : ( at least with the cub you picked a little tree, I usually carry a telescoping pole, cause mine end up in bigger trees

Hoomi

Master member
1 flight each on the Simple Scout, the Tiny Trainer, the Bushwacker, the Versawing, and the Mustang. The Tiny Trainer, Bushwacker, and Versawing, were all maidens (I figured if they all went badly, I'd have to post a video titled, "Three Little Maidens From Hell.") All three survived just fine, though, with the only casualty being a broken prop on the Versawing. I need to further reduce the rates on it, as it was still extremely twitchy with minor control inputs. The Bushwacker landing didn't get recorded, as the micro SD card in that camera ran out of space and it stopped recording, but it was pretty much an uneventful landing. I might have flown more, but after the Mustang flight, the wind was picking up, and it looked like prime conditions for dust devils (like mini-tornados that wander across our desert - just enough energy to kick up dust, and throw RC airplanes all over the place). I took my five successful flights, packed up, and headed home.

Wildthing

Legendary member
Well Extreme Blue Squirreltail is in the same bin as the yellow Extreme. Maiden was going great and just finished trimming it and it was handling the wind really good. There was a snap and a piece fell and fifty feet later the motor fell out also and then the plane fell. After finally locating all the parts it appears the motor shaft started bending which then caused a vibration , shaft broke, prop fell and the vibration had broke the motor loose and then it fell.