What Did You Fly Today

F106DeltaDart

Elite member
Got in some flying yesterday morning at our clubs annual July 4th Funfly and had a blast. Took up the Corsair, UH-1N, and Bell 47 for a few flights each. Calm winds but hot. It is soon going to be “Texas Building Season” as temps start to push over 100F.

Attachments

• 42F30135-F431-4837-BEB2-FC4FC766ED09.jpeg
    42F30135-F431-4837-BEB2-FC4FC766ED09.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

legodragonxp

Just got back from a few batteries on the Sport Cub S2 (still running at half SAFE mode) and was able to a few touch and goes on the base line of the ball field. Did go way high (for me) and turned off SAFE to do a few loops but chickened out below about 20ft altitude. Also ran a few batteries on the STEM pack aircraft (waiting for the S2's battery to recharge) but eventually the wind gusts were making it unfun as the temp raced to 90.

Last edited:

Hoomi

Master member
One flight each on all of these. A bad landing on the Mustang broke the landing gear mounts, so I need to repair her before she flies again. Otherwise, all other flights good. Air was pretty bumpy between an iffy breeze that couldn't decide which direction to come from, and loads of hot air rising in various spots.
Hangar07052020.jpg

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I just got off the flight sim. HAD to put some stick time in some where. Its been way to hot to be rippin quads around these last few days.

Watched a few Michael Wargo vids earlier and started putting his teaching into practice. Got a good start on harriers and rolling harriers. Rolling Harriers are far easier in the sim then just straight harriers as I seem to tip stall a lot and then over correct. Also seem to fight the advice to recover with rudder instead of ailerons. Been doing straight line knife edges for a while so I started trying to do figure 8s left to right in front as well as near to far straight away from me.

jolfstn74

Got my turbo timber in the mail today,well yesterday, flies like a dream. Wired up my FPV and will be christening that later. Quite a step up from my sport cub s 2