What Did You Fly Today

shadeyB

Legendary member
Two very successful maidens today in the wind 😂
No way I was sitting at home just waiting for a good day, get them up there where they belong

324B8E24-5310-4F22-967A-E48739625A70.jpeg

whackflyer

Master member
Either my tiny whoop board is acting up, or my motors died! My whoop no longer has enough power to even take off! Does anybody know what a burnt motor behaves like?
On mine they just started losing power, it would fall out of hard corners and not have enough power to recover from bumping stuff. Overall I'd just have to run higher on the throttle all the time, causing higher battery drain with less power available.

Bricks

Master member
Either my tiny whoop board is acting up, or my motors died! My whoop no longer has enough power to even take off! Does anybody know what a burnt motor behaves like?

The Whoop has brushed motors typically after an hour of flying you will notice a little difference in power and it is down hill from there they are not like the in runners that are brushless. Replace motors and I will bet you will be good to go, also that little 1.25 pico connector after plugging and unplugging as few as 30 times has shown reduce voltage because of resistance, I switched mine over to 1.50 and got different batteries to match. huge difference

Zeligman

Ok.. Warts and all (and there are many). first 'real' flight... Simple scout scratch build.... Shout out to BATTLEAXE for steering me to this model!

And by semi controlled landing I mean that I was TRYING to land... But did a nose first plant! Lol

Last edited:

whackflyer

Master member
The Whoop has brushed motors typically after an hour of flying you will notice a little difference in power and it is down hill from there they are not like the in runners that are brushless. Replace motors and I will bet you will be good to go, also that little 1.25 pico connector after plugging and unplugging as few as 30 times has shown reduce voltage because of resistance, I switched mine over to 1.50 and got different batteries to match. huge difference
I was gonna say that also, I went to PH 2.0s tho, they're pretty much standard now.

Wildthing

Legendary member
I didn't realize they were brushed motors, now I see power lose is possible on all 4 motors.

"Corpse"

Legendary member
I've only put about 30 minutes runtime through the motors, and right after a perfectly fine flight all four motors had only about 15% power. I have a soldered connection to the motors, so I have a good connection.