What Did You Fly Today

Wildthing

Legendary member
Lol you need to get lights on that girl 😂
LOL, maybe the next build . Another guy was trying out some new lighting on his and it looks cool, it is maybe 1/8" tubing that lights up solid not like those led rope lights you buy for around the house where you can see each individual pixel. It wasn't quite dark enough at that time to see but he was going to hang around until it really got dark.

Wildthing

Legendary member
We were having problems with batteries getting ejected so what we started to do was run 2 barbecue skewers thru the fuselage above the battery and used fuel tubing over the ends of the skewers to hold them in place..
I have been doing that but without the fuel tubing :), both skewers slowly vibrated out of place so time to get some tubing.

Indy durtdigger

Elite member
We were having problems with batteries getting ejected so what we started to do was run 2 barbecue skewers thru the fuselage above the battery and used fuel tubing over the ends of the skewers to hold them in place..
That's a good idea. I've been flying the Simple Cub again and the batteries have been giving me fits.

BATTLECAT

Tonight I flew my newly painted mini scout. Flew really nice at slow speeds but I full throttled it into a vertical climb and nearly folded the wing! Now the left wing feels loose like it got a crease in it or something. I'll have to dial that throttle down a bit so I'm not tempted haha. Had a great time with it though.
ScratchBuild_MiniScout08.jpg

Timmy

Legendary member
I also maidened my Speedster but that didn't go so well. It was REALLY nose heavy. I can't land it well nor can I control it in the air. I feel like its polyhedral does nothing. It needs ailerons or something. Or maybe it's because of the wind.

daxian

Elite member
managed my first flight of 2020 yesterday ...have tried twice this year and each time i got to the field it rained !!!
this flight ended in a fatality ...to the aircraft that is ...electronics now reside in another build !!

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
I took out the otter again and finally am getting the hang of the water landings.
Got in about 6 landings before I tripped up and ended upside down. Water got into my battery alarm:rolleyes:. Still waiting for the alarm to dry to assess if the damage is permanent. Sadly after soaking the otter for most of this week the pylon where it glues to the wing broke free so I will wait until it is completely dry before I reattach it, (glue).
Went out an bought a sea plane to fly tomorrow, (if I get it assembled correctly.

Lots of fun!

DazDaMan

Elite member
Flew the Mustang, Spitfire and Corsair today. The Spitfire had a minor argument with a fence, but flew again after some repairs.

I filmed my whole Corsair flight this morning, but I cut it down to a viewer-friendly version!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I flew my finished Simple Cub today for the first time. I was sooo nervous because I'm new to this hobby and still learning to fly! I almost bit it a couple times and my heart was beating out of my chest. The plane needs trimmed but I was too nervous to do anything while I was in the air. I'll have to adjust it the next time I fly it, now that I know it flys! Was really satisfying seeing it fly and knowing I had built it myself. When I got it back on the ground in one piece I was so excited I felt like dancing haha!

View attachment 174488 View attachment 174489
Absolute gorgeous airplane!! I'm sure I'll build another cub at some point and it'll definitely get that paint job! Awesome job on the maiden too. (y)