What Did You Fly Today

Timmy

Legendary member
Flew otter again and maidened the Baby Barron. Otter flew awesome as allways and I had fun taxiing it around on the grass and running my friend over. The Barron was more eventful... The thing has POWER! but sometimes I lose aileron control and only regain it just before I crash. I had soo many close calls with me spiraling out out the sky!

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Whilst the Otter is in repair, (gluing in the motor pylon), I bought a FMS Super EZ IV. Put it together at the filed and dropped in my Rx and I was away.
I bought it because I wanted something with commercial floats and this one came with a stabiliser as well. I did rip it out but then put it back in just to see how it handled.
Amazing!!! The wing was blowing about ten Knots but the bird just scooted across the top of the water and away. Never had a calmer maiden and the handling was brilliant. Only complaint is that the aileron/roll rate was a little timid but it would be brilliant for a beginner.

Looks like I have a trainer for my next batch of students, (maritime flying).

Have fun!

DazDaMan

Elite member
Another Spit in the air this morning....

Attachments

• IMG_20200709_080715.jpg
    IMG_20200709_080715.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • Spitfire patrol1.png
    Spitfire patrol1.png
    481.4 KB · Views: 0

shadeyB

Legendary member
Took ma Mig29 out this morning with squadron 😜 led by awesome P51D Precious Metal
0FE0EF24-36E6-429F-B5B0-F2ED33C8B4E1.jpeg

The mig flew awesome and thrust Vectoring Is the bomb 🤪 if you’ve not tried it you must .... it’s ...... crazy fun
This mornings task was to produce some epic low fly by, which we did and was excited about the film , but when I plugged it in pc seems I lost most of my video files as they were corrupt for some reason, will try to recover them (any tips ) ?

Any how another video to come shortly of what we did capture lol

Last edited:

Timmy

Legendary member
Ok started out flying the simple scout bumblebee edition View attachment 176008

But ended up flying the...

View attachment 176010

Yellow submarine!

Doh! But it was fun!
We all live in a yellow submarine
Yellow submarine, yellow submarine
We all live in a yellow submarine
Yellow submarine, yellow submarine
And our friends are all aboard
Many more of them live next door
And the band begins to play

Mr. Gandalf

Elite member
Took ma Mig29 out this morning with squadron 😜 led by awesome P51D Precious Metal
View attachment 175960

The mig flew awesome and thrust Vectoring Is the bomb 🤪 if you’ve not tried it you must .... it’s ...... crazy fun
This mornings task was to produce some epic low fly by, which we did and was excited about the film , but when I plugged it in pc seems I lost most of my video files as they were corrupt for some reason, will try to recover them (any tips ) ?

Any ho wnaothre video to come shortly of what we did capture lol
The morning started of with fog as wee stood about for an hour waiting for it to lift then the thumbs got their weekly training session

HOLY SMOKES!!o_OThat was some great flying!

Those flips are awesome!

"Corpse"

Legendary member
I'll do a mock dogfight with you at FF if I can go
I'll film it!

BTW I ripped my new 5 inch quad today! I maidened it yesterday and learned a lesson lol.

I put the "meow" mode on the same switch (3 Postition) as my arm switch. As I came in for a landing I tried to disarm and ended up hitting meow mode instead. The quad flipped out and when I disarmed I found I was 100 feet in the air! These things have serious power!