What Did You Fly Today

Indy durtdigger

Elite member
uh, knife edge software is literally the company that makes realflight :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Interesting. Double checked to make sure I didn't just type something wrong and Trend Micro definitely has everything knife edge related grayed out and flagged. Wonder why because I've seen this recommended as the go to place more than once.

OliverW

Legendary member
She's here! Gonna need a full recover at some point. Gonna fly it as is for now though. @JennyC6 whadda ya think of the engine? It's my first OS! It's an OS .55 Max AX. The servo installs need to be completely redone since Carl worked some redneck magic on it lol.
20200801_203629.jpg
20200801_203352.jpg
20200801_203349.jpg
20200801_195158.jpg

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I'll film it!

BTW I ripped my new 5 inch quad today! I maidened it yesterday and learned a lesson lol.

I put the "meow" mode on the same switch (3 Postition) as my arm switch. As I came in for a landing I tried to disarm and ended up hitting meow mode instead. The quad flipped out and when I disarmed I found I was 100 feet in the air! These things have serious power!

Yup they do... Id also put air mode on a switch. If you land hard you get tossed in a random direction when it spikes to react and its possible if you land too close when this happens the quad can jump up n try to eat your face while you can not see with the goggles still on your head. Well that or neuter you if you stand to fly.

I put arm on one switch, then on a 3 pos I have horizon mode as default, acro mode in middle for racing and landings, then acro with air mode in the third position for freestyle. On the other 3 pos switch I have profile 1 that has rates and pids for whoop mode / cine flying, switch two has rates and pids for racing, and pos 3 has rates n pids for freestyle. Then on another switch I have my light for my radio and then fully down is the beeper for the quad.

speedbirdted

Legendary member

"Corpse"

Legendary member
Yup they do... Id also put air mode on a switch. If you land hard you get tossed in a random direction when it spikes to react and its possible if you land too close when this happens the quad can jump up n try to eat your face while you can not see with the goggles still on your head. Well that or neuter you if you stand to fly.

I put arm on one switch, then on a 3 pos I have horizon mode as default, acro mode in middle for racing and landings, then acro with air mode in the third position for freestyle. On the other 3 pos switch I have profile 1 that has rates and pids for whoop mode / cine flying, switch two has rates and pids for racing, and pos 3 has rates n pids for freestyle. Then on another switch I have my light for my radio and then fully down is the beeper for the quad.
I didn't think of putting rates and pids on a switch, I though you could only do modes. And also thanks for the tips, (Being neutered by a quad sounds unfun...)

MacandRita

I took the Scout out to the airfield so the expert could maiden it and it flew quite well. More success than the Cub but I think there were a few issues with it like unglued servers and a dirty contact in the TX. I apologise for the quality and am looking for a hat cam so I can capture my attempts to learn to fly my planes. They say that if it is not on video it didn't happen so I submit exibit 1 your honour.

speedbirdted

Legendary member
yah apparently zip ties are better lol
On my Calmato Alpha 40 (may it rest in pieces 😔) the throttle servo was held in by 1 screw for the entire time I owned it. Never even gave me any problems outside of a slightly inconsistent idle. I guess they really aren't necessary :p

Wind is also projected at 0 tomorrow. Proceeding as usual...

P_20200802_034509.jpg

Last edited:

OliverW

Legendary member
SquirrelTale there are so many things wrong there where to start, hard to believe anyone would even try and fly it that way.:eek:

That OSMax 55 is a very strong and good running motor once set up right.
There was originally 2 fuel tanks as well..... I know kinda weird. Carl told me that he didn't want to put new fuel tubing in the original one so it just sat in the plane. I removed the steering servo and the nose wheel. I'm going to be building a plywood plate for the underside of the nose so it can be a tail dragger

legodragonxp

Still a new pilot. Had five batteries and today was the first day without the local environment wanting to kill me. Took the SportCub S2 with SAFE to the local park and fought gusting winds. No hard landings but after #1 and #2 batteries was about to give up as SAFE couldn't keep up with the wind... then realized I had accidentally turned it off. Turned it on to MAX and it was the other end of the spectrum, too much limitation for the wind. That was most of battery #3. #4 and #5 were in the mid setting and I actually was able to do some near zero ground speed touch and goes. I was grooving! Then the wind picked up and I was out of batteries... and I might have to glue to spinner back on the prop.