What Did You Fly Today

bwarz

Master member
Got out yesterday - sun was nice, wind was strong but steady. I've gotten better at steady windy days (in open fields...take a look at my posts last week in 'what did you crash today' :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Took out the Simple Cub (more confident in big winds) and my Mini Scout. Also took the camera that has been missing since the kids used it for sled riding in Feb :LOL::LOL: and my tiny FatShark FPV camera so the kids could watch (I don't FPV pilot - not yet anyways) Nicely recorded finding out that my last Cub crash damaged the elevator servo. 256G sd card didn't work in the FatShark, forgot to hit record when I took up the Mini Scout!:rolleyes::rolleyes: I did fly one battery through it though. The wind torqued my landing though and trashed an aileron servo. Wouldn't classify it as a crash or a loss. Acceptable damage for such a light plane in such windy conditions! Next time I will have video (unless of course someone forgets to record again:rolleyes::LOL::ROFLMAO:)

Keno

All was going great last weekend and then this happened. Truck cab + Sun + Heat = Crap. Time to go home! :mad:

Attachments

• IMG_0074[144].jpg
    IMG_0074[144].jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Went out flying for the fourth time today. This is the 5th battery I've run through this plane. My crashes are more gentle now!
I shortened the vid as much as I felt like working on it.

Some author once said something like "Sorry this is a long letter, I didn't have time to write a short one." I think that applies to video editing.

Last edited:

mayan

Legendary member
I wanted to say that today it wasn't about what I flew so much as with whom I was flying. At first a friend was supposed to come hang out with me at the field, but she bailed with a lame excuse last mintue. This made the feeling I had the other day even worse.
A few days after I lost my KFM Wing I was feeling kinda depressed from the hobby, like I was just doing the same thing just flying different planes but mostly doing it alone.
(A sentence from another post of mine).

But then something changed something that boosted up my energy. I remembered that on the way to the field a few forum members called me up on discord, lucky enough they were still connected when I thought of dropping in and saying hi just to get my mind off the situation. They were all at home on the work bench in the middle of the night (crazy folks I tell ya :)), while I was at the middle early in the morning, funny how the internet let's you do that :). When they realized that I was at the field, they said it be cool if I flew while we were talking and so I did. They spent a good hour and half flying with me, and boosted my energy sky rocket high, so I wanted to thank you guys from the bottom of my heart (@FoamyDM, @Zetoyoc, and @BATTLEAXE)!

320440_d13f56434e04848ad74094c8c341abb5.png

A little spoiler here some of it was filmed by some of them so videos once I/we can edit them.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Got some "stick" time on the FT Simple Stick today. Took right off, flew amazing, very little trim needed. Excellent flyer. I highly recommend it. Landing gear worked really well also. This is going to be a great plane to learn knife edge, hovering, and maybe a little 3D flying as well. 3S will make it a great 2nd or 3rd plane. Very trainer like characteristics. 4S was much more to my liking. But, I think I am going to try it on the C Pack as well.

1597535719353.png

Definitely worthy of a paint job.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I wanted to say that today it wasn't about what I flew so much as with whom I was flying. At first a friend was supposed to come hang out with me at the field, but she bailed with a lame excuse last mintue. This made the feeling I had the other day even worse.
(A sentence from another post of mine).

But then something changed something that boosted up my energy. I remembered that on the way to the field a few forum members called me up on discord, lucky enough they were still connected when I thought of dropping in and saying hi just to get my mind off the situation. They were all at home on the work bench in the middle of the night (crazy folks I tell ya :)), while I was at the middle early in the morning, funny how the internet let's you do that :). When they realized that I was at the field, they said it be cool if I flew while we were talking and so I did. They spent a good hour and half flying with me, and boosted my energy sky rocket high, so I wanted to thank you guys from the bottom of my heart (@FoamyDM, @Zetoyoc, and @BATTLEAXE)!

View attachment 177183

A little spoiler here some of it was filmed by some of them so videos once I/we can edit them.
@mayan it was my pleasure to be your audience. And i thank you for the privilege. Cheers buddy

Wildthing

Legendary member
Got in a couple flights today and one failed maiden, wind was just getting nasty and I really shouldn't done the maiden. The 3D printed Joker glider l should have left for a calmer day but nope :) , launched fine and banked going with the wind but when I went to bank against it the wing just rolled the wing down and sent it to it's demise. Now to print a new one :) .