What Did You Fly Today

OliverW

Legendary member
The Aerojet flew! Here’s proof:
Overall it’s a fantastic little plane, and it handles high speed much better than I expected. It doesn’t do high alpha very well but it’s still a lot of fun to zip around! An F pack on this size of plane is a lot of fun - it had like a 3-1 thrust to weight ratio! And yes, plans will be available soon! I need to edit a couple things and finalize them, then I’ll post them.
Can't wait to build one!!

Overall it’s a fantastic little plane, and it handles high speed much better than I expected. It doesn’t do high alpha very well but it’s still a lot of fun to zip around! An F pack on this size of plane is a lot of fun - it had like a 3-1 thrust to weight ratio! And yes, plans will be available soon! I need to edit a couple things and finalize them, then I’ll post them.
Killer! You make it look easy.

mastermalpass

Elite member
Quick lunch break flight with the Bipe. Winds were much faster than forecast. Flew for a bit, landed (roughly - brought it in nice and slow, but then the wind stopped and it was just dumped from the last six inches).

Screenshot_20210225-134342_Video Player.jpg

Snapped the prop on the following take off attempt, so it was a bit of a short session. But, I was at least able to use the rest of my lunch break to put a new prop on and tweak the landing gear. Let's hope the winds are as low as they are forecast to be tomorrow!

mastermalpass

Elite member

Not sure if its your skills or the character of that airframe but it looked like you had the sky in your hands there. Watching that thing accelerate and decelerate the way it does, it almost looks like an RC Car in the sky! Nicely done!

Wildthing

Legendary member
That reminds me of the CF-44 we did back 5 or 6 years ago :)
20160405_112412.jpg

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
Good job, looks like it cruises around nicely!
One of the only planes that I have looked away for more then a few seconds and the plane was were I was expecting it when I looked back. it few very nicely.. just landings and taking off was a bit hairy... but this is the first thing I took off from the ground instead of hand launching (boy is that different) and the landing gear made landing harder as I couldn't just stick the belly down and let it slide.

GliderFlyer

Elite member
What did I fly today? Let me tell you...
I went out to my regular spot to fly the Dakota in an open space this time. It was about 3:30. The sun was shining, the almond trees were in blossom, and the grass was green every where. It was a good day to go flying. I plugged in my battery and walked out the the center of the field. After testing all the controls, I gave it a toss, and started to turn left. I noticed that it needed a little down trim, so I gave it a few clicks while keeping it level. Then I saw it was kind of far off by then, so turned around and headed back towards myself. There was a tree between me and the plane, and then things got risky. The throttle cut out for some reason, and I was about to hit the tree, when it came back. But I still hit the tree. It got stuck at the very top, and at that moment, I had flashbacks of the last time I had an airplane stuck in a tree. That time took four hours to get down. I walked down to investigate, and the airplane was at the very top of the tree. I'll measure later, but it was way up there. I thought I could climb the tree to get it down, so I started up.(This is getting kind of long, so I'll abridge, if you're still reading this, then congrats). I climbed so high, then I was able to look at it closely. It was only being held on by a twig:mad:. I had previously called backup from home, so I knew that once my brother got there he could use the throttle to pull the plane out (I had left the transmitter on the ground). Once he arrived, that's just what he did, but then the airplane got stuck again, less than 2 feet below where it was before! This time, it was within my range so I knocked it down with a stick. Thank goodness! Now for the hard part: getting down
IMG_20210225_160015.jpg

It was as Tucker Gott says, Risky Biscuits
Needless to say, I made it down safely(with the exception of a many scrapes on my arms) and made it home just an hour later:). That went well, I thought. Then I went into my room and smelled that I had left my hot glue gun plugged in the whole time.:oops:
There were times climbing that tree when I asked myself, "am I really risking my life for $50 worth of electronics?)

GliderFlyer

Elite member
I went out to my regular spot to fly the Dakota in an open space this time. It was about 3:30. The sun was shining, the almond trees were in blossom, and the grass was green every where. It was a good day to go flying. I plugged in my battery and walked out the the center of the field. After testing all the controls, I gave it a toss, and started to turn left. I noticed that it needed a little down trim, so I gave it a few clicks while keeping it level. Then I saw it was kind of far off by then, so turned around and headed back towards myself. There was a tree between me and the plane, and then things got risky. The throttle cut out for some reason, and I was about to hit the tree, when it came back. But I still hit the tree. It got stuck at the very top, and at that moment, I had flashbacks of the last time I had an airplane stuck in a tree. That time took four hours to get down. I walked down to investigate, and the airplane was at the very top of the tree. I'll measure later, but it was way up there. I thought I could climb the tree to get it down, so I started up.(This is getting kind of long, so I'll abridge, if you're still reading this, then congrats). I climbed so high, then I was able to look at it closely. It was only being held on by a twig:mad:. I had previously called backup from home, so I knew that once my brother got there he could use the throttle to pull the plane out (I had left the transmitter on the ground). Once he arrived, that's just what he did, but then the airplane got stuck again, less than 2 feet below where it was before! This time, it was within my range so I knocked it down with a stick. Thank goodness! Now for the hard part: getting down
View attachment 193709
Needless to say, I made it down safely(with the exception of a many scrapes on my arms) and made it home just an hour later:). That went well, I thought. Then I went into my room and smelled that I had left my hot glue gun plugged in the whole time.:oops:
There were times climbing that tree when I asked myself, "am I really risking my life for $50 worth of electronics?)
-video coming soon

FlyerInStyle

Elite member

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
View attachment 193709
That last bit is just the cherry on top to that story, glad you got it back ok. I ended up leaving mine plugged in overnight in my bedroom once, I had a cold and couldn't smell it at the time.