What Did You Fly Today

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
That's not really flying. If you squint your eyes you can see it has a string on it.
Wrong again my good buddy, these fellas use wire its safer. The gauge of wire depends on the model and engine size, it also depends if your planning to do extreme aerobatics with it too o_O

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Actually control line models are great for people living in areas with limited space. These days you can fly electric versions too they work off a timer, which shuts off the ESC power to the motor after a specified time. They are not covered by any regulations either because they are not remote they are tethered ;)(y)
We always used diesel engines, with a fixed amount of fuel. Brilliant fuel that stuff we used, it was ether based o_O. Diethyl ether, castor oil and kerosene

Actually control line models are great for people living in areas with limited space. These days you can fly electric versions too they work off a timer, which shuts off the ESC power to the motor after a specified time. They are not covered by any regulations either because they are not remote they are tethered ;)(y)
We always used diesel engines, with a fixed amount of fuel. Brilliant fuel that stuff we used, it was ether based o_O. Diethyl ether, castor oil and kerosene
This is out in Queens. They only cut the grass in that circle because they always have, and because there's some rotted asphalt and a fence that still defines the circle. I think there's hardly anybody left who knows what this is for. There are multi-rotors & helicopters who have flown there because they figured out it's "allowed" to do so.
Forest Park.jpg

This is out in Queens. They only cut the grass in that circle because they always have, and because there's some rotted asphalt and a fence that still defines the circle. I think there's hardly anybody left who knows what this is for. There are multi-rotors & helicopters who have flown there because they figured out it's "allowed" to do so.
View attachment 212443
And this is one of the FIVE "permitted" RC flying sites in the entire City.

Sure! "We surrender" sounds cool with a British accent. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Oh. Did I say that out loud? All those who can't take an innocent silly joke have very red ears right about now.

I'm thankful for a nation run by the people, built around the sovereignty of personal freedom and liberty. (Brits or no Brits - this particular point isn't about you.) Happy Thanksgiving.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
You mind posting a recipe for it? I can't find a good one online.... They all have terrible reviews 😝
I am very generous with the spices. Most pies are pretty lame because there is not enough spice! Most modern recipes no longer include nutmeg. This is a good old recipe that does!

For 2 pies:
  • 1 29oz can Pumpkin (3 cups) (nothing but pumpkin, no spices etc...)
  • 1 1/2 cup Sugar
  • 1 teaspoon Salt
  • 2 teaspoons Ginger
  • 2 1/2 teaspoons Cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon Nutmeg
  • 1 teaspoon Cloves
  • 6 slightly beaten Eggs
  • 1 1/2 cup Milk
  • 1 12oz can Evaporated Milk

Thoroughly combine Pumpkin, Sugar, Salt, and Spices. Add Eggs, Milk, and Evaporated Milk. Blend

Pour evenly into two 9 inch pie crusts.

bake @ 400F for 50 minutes, or till knife inserted halfway between center and edge comes out clean. (basically till it's not runny at all.)

Enjoy!

Tell us all what you think!
IMG_20211125_095721127.jpg

Last edited:

mastermalpass

Elite member
As usual, not what I flew today, but it takes me forever to find the time to edit these vids. Bipe Pipe again (I seriously need to get the workshop in order, you all have new planes, I'm stuck flying the same three over and over again) this time going out to the flood plains near a village called Durston.

Girlfriend was looking for a nice picnic spot a month ago. I got back home and when she sent me a photo of where she was I just saw how flat, green and vast the place was and my RC-Orientated eyes lit up! On the weekend we ventured out there again and the Bipe got a good long flight over it. Shame a load of clouds came in just before the sun set, it looks vibrant when the sun is shining. Ah well, it's an excuse to film another plane at the same place!

mastermalpass

Elite member
FT Limited Series F-16 windy maiden flight: livery as Israeli F-16i “Netz”.

That thing flies like my RCP Su-35 - it seems so floaty and light. You get it into positions where you're sure the wings can't be generating any lift yet the plane is in no rush to start falling. Not to mention how well it accelerates from a near stand-still, I didn't know EDFs could do that! I thought my first EDF would be going like one of @shadeyB's; zipping around at lighting speed and demanding a big field when doing so.

Makes me want to put my EDF to use a lot sooner. I'm surprised Flitetest didn't put anything on Youtube about this one. I know they're not in the habit of dedicating a whole video to showcasing one new product at the moment, but I did enjoy those vids from the Windestall and Sripol days.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
I am very generous with the spices. Most pies are pretty lame because there is not enough spice! Most modern recipes no longer include nutmeg. This is a good old recipe that does!

For 2 pies:
  • 1 29oz can Pumpkin (3 cups) (nothing but pumpkin, no spices etc...)
  • 1 1/2 cup Sugar
  • 1 teaspoon Salt
  • 2 teaspoons Ginger
  • 2 1/2 teaspoons Cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon Nutmeg
  • 1 teaspoon Cloves
  • 6 slightly beaten Eggs
  • 1 1/2 cup Milk
  • 1 12oz can Evaporated Milk

Thoroughly combine Pumpkin, Sugar, Salt, and Spices. Add Eggs, Milk, and Evaporated Milk. Blend

Pour evenly into two 9 inch pie crusts.

bake @ 400F for 50 minutes, or till knife inserted halfway between center and edge comes out clean. (basically till it's not runny at all.)

Enjoy!

Tell us all what you think!
View attachment 212462
thanks.. will try it as soon as i get some pumkin

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Sure! "We surrender" sounds cool with a British accent. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Oh. Did I say that out loud? All those who can't take an innocent silly joke have very red ears right about now.

I'm thankful for a nation run by the people, built around the sovereignty of personal freedom and liberty. (Brits or no Brits - this particular point isn't about you.) Happy Thanksgiving.
:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

CappyAmeric

Elite member
That thing flies like my RCP Su-35 - it seems so floaty and light. You get it into positions where you're sure the wings can't be generating any lift yet the plane is in no rush to start falling. Not to mention how well it accelerates from a near stand-still, I didn't know EDFs could do that! I thought my first EDF would be going like one of @shadeyB's; zipping around at lighting speed and demanding a big field when doing so.

Makes me want to put my EDF to use a lot sooner. I'm surprised Flitetest didn't put anything on Youtube about this one. I know they're not in the habit of dedicating a whole video to showcasing one new product at the moment, but I did enjoy those vids from the Windestall and Sripol days.
The FT F-16 is pure joy to fly!

Im thankful that we live in a world that, at least for now, doesnt require you to adopt the sins and grievances of your fathers and forefathers.

Still not gonna stop me from ribbing y'all 😁😉

Keep after them, maybe you can get em to say one of those British things they say in their native language, like "Everybody back on the boat! We're going home!" :LOL:
Watch what happens now. Our friendly Brits'll hate on me and you're still their buddy. :rolleyes:

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
hey guys, a question here. I maiden my freshly made mini guinea. loved the removable nose. came in handy but the wing touched first. i am trying to be soft about the crash. neither motor was spooling up right for some reason, one was sputterring badly, and the other was just veeeeeeeeeryslowly spinning like 1rpm, and you never knew when it would go into that stage. any ideas why? just came back. otherwise, the plane flies so amazing! now that I crashed I really wanna make a new better nose. anyone got some good idea, I am up for grabs