What Did You Fly Today

Jade_Monkey07

Flew a whole bunch yesterday
The polaris
My umx-f86
The Komet and the f22 got a few flights too, but the camera messed up and you cant see the planes.

bisco

Elite member
hey guys, a question here. I maiden my freshly made mini guinea. loved the removable nose. came in handy but the wing touched first. i am trying to be soft about the crash. neither motor was spooling up right for some reason, one was sputterring badly, and the other was just veeeeeeeeeryslowly spinning like 1rpm, and you never knew when it would go into that stage. any ideas why? just came back. otherwise, the plane flies so amazing! now that I crashed I really wanna make a new better nose. anyone got some good idea, I am up for grabs
low battery?

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
1638134242288.png
Get some of these cheap enough and you get an audible warning when your battery starts to get low, trust me you will hear it too :eek:.
Alternatively get a decent radio system which supports telemetry and gives you a direct feedback to the transmitter of your lipo status. You can then get an alarm when your lipo gets seriously low .
1638134495328.png

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
View attachment 212649 Get some of these cheap enough and you get an audible warning when your battery starts to get low, trust me you will hear it too :eek:.
Alternatively get a decent radio system which supports telemetry and gives you a direct feedback to the transmitter of your lipo status. You can then get an alarm when your lipo gets seriously low .
View attachment 212650
My lklipo wasnt low checked on the ground after. high enough to fly around 90

Scotto

Elite member
hey guys, a question here. I maiden my freshly made mini guinea. loved the removable nose. came in handy but the wing touched first. i am trying to be soft about the crash. neither motor was spooling up right for some reason, one was sputterring badly, and the other was just veeeeeeeeeryslowly spinning like 1rpm, and you never knew when it would go into that stage. any ideas why? just came back. otherwise, the plane flies so amazing! now that I crashed I really wanna make a new better nose. anyone got some good idea, I am up for grabs
Just to be sure, youve got 2 escs with one red wire disconnected, right? I think Id try reprograming the escs one at a time first, but the slow motor Im thinking could be a broken wire that looks fine on the outside but isnt making contact under the insulation. Maybe. Take the props off until you get it figured out.

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Just to be sure, youve got 2 escs with one red wire disconnected, right? I think Id try reprograming the escs one at a time first, but the slow motor Im thinking could be a broken wire that looks fine on the outside but isnt making contact under the insulation. Maybe. Take the props off until you get it figured out.
I think I solved the slow motor, its doing fine. the twitching stalling one, I just will replace, as it is only producing 75% of its max thrust and another of the same motor bought at the same time literrally a couple days ago stopped working. I am not going to get those motor again I guess.

Scotto

Elite member
I think I solved the slow motor, its doing fine. the twitching stalling one, I just will replace, as it is only producing 75% of its max thrust and another of the same motor bought at the same time literrally a couple days ago stopped working. I am not going to get those motor again I guess.
What brand is that so I dont buy them either?

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Saw this on you tube and thought it might appeal to some of you, I am not a big lover of wings or Flight assisted models but I enjoyed watching this.

Hoomi

Master member
The Maiden Video from the swap-meet find Unique Models T6 Texan II flight this past Sunday morning. I think I need to dial in a bit more expo, and after flying, I noticed a couple of things with the motor that I need to look into, but overall, she flew pretty well, and by some incredible stroke of luck, I even greased the landing.

mastermalpass

Elite member
maybe. but unlikely those dont just randomly pop up. Ill check my motors, but with all that it woulb twitiching not just spinning super slowly and then going normally.

Sputtering and twitching? Check the connections between the ESC and motor. If any of the leads disconnect, the set up won't beep or cut power or anything, but the motor won't be able to get into phase - so no matter how much throttle, the prop just twitches.

My bipe used to do this, but sometimes if I shook it, it would work as normal. Flew it like that a few times thinking nothing short of bumping on the ground could be an issue then one day it cut out two stories up. Managed to glide it in, cut a hatch open and saw that I hadn't soldered one if the wires very well. Re did the solder and I haven't had the issue since.

My Blade 500X got a twitchy motor as well, but the ESC made a loud pop before doing that. Solder couldn't save me then!

mastermalpass

Elite member
The Maiden Video from the swap-meet find Unique Models T6 Texan II flight this past Sunday morning. I think I need to dial in a bit more expo, and after flying, I noticed a couple of things with the motor that I need to look into, but overall, she flew pretty well, and by some incredible stroke of luck, I even greased the landing.

Bit jello-y on the footage there, I think the prop could use a bit of balancing. Unless those weren't vibrations I was seeing but actually tail-flutter; I always put my cameras near the centre, so I've no idea how it looks from the extremeties. How much nose weight did you add to balance the camera out, though? If I don't mount my Mobius right on the CG I have a hard time counter-balancing it.

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
Triggered a failsafe on my quad and ended up with a broken arm. got in 4 flights on the 75% goblin (missed DVR on one of them).