What Did You Fly Today

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Remember you phone is looking for the WiFi protocol. It is something else on that Freq ( Bluetooth, unlicensed MW, etc) I doubt it would show on your phone. I have an Fifi analyzer on my PC. My DX6ewill not show up on it.
The phone should show whether Wi-Fi is available whether it is locked or not if you are within range. If I walk close to the house and watch for Wi-Fi notifications that would say a lot. If that's the case then time to find a new place to fly.

Last edited:

Wildthing

Legendary member
The phone should show whether Wi-Fi is available whether it is locked or not if you are within range. If I walk close to the house and watch for Wi-Fi notifications that would say a lot. If that's the case then time to find a new place to fly.

At our club nobody has ever turned off their phones, nobody has ever brought it up either. Even at the FunFlies when guys from all over show up and with expensive toys phones have never been brought up in discussion.

Vimana89

Legendary member
So I built this rig l yesterday and went through various phases of chopping more stuff down until this morning, I finally got her light enough to fly. At least for now I call it the "phantom of the boneyard". What it was, was a broken Tom Clancy C-147 that came with an x box game my neighbor could never get to fly right and gave to me, which i tried to repair and it never flew. I found a battery with about the same specs as the no longer produced proprietary one but those tiny EDF things are pretty weak. The other day I noticed It had an extension for the elevator that would plug in a normal 9g servo.This is a Floating Kidney style wing, 3ch twin engines and elevator just like the C-147, but now it's a crazy UFO plane that actually flies, albeit very weakly and needs just a bit of wind to really stay up and move around well, sort of a powered glider.

Attachments

• IMG_1213.JPG
    IMG_1213.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

Vimana89

Legendary member
I'll try to get a fully charged battery and record a good flight. This wing planform is quite aerobatic on an 1806, but all this baby can do on those little engines is float around real slow and steady and turn really flat. Teaches me to use the wind and momentum a bit like a glider pilot though.

CheckMySix

until you see these guys fly in real life it just doesn't do justice. i am lucky, Desert Aircraft is based in Tucson. They are the "go to guys" for the motors these guys use. Every year they host the Tucson Aerobatics Shootout, this is top of the top of pilots. the freestyle performances are amazing.

this is round 1 this year. for some reason they haven't posted the rest. round 5 was INSANE!!!!

laters,

me :cool:
Video playback is blocked on other sites. Fyi. Bummed. Wanted to see it. I'm in Phoenix and yea...this is our time of the year. Got about 5 good months of flying before the heat is back huh. And then...night flying lol. Just hope those winter storms from California miss on the weekends.
Dunno if you come up to the valley much but, always some people flying out at ASU west campus. They let us hang out in the big south east parking lot that has a big open field next to it. You'll see everything out there from park flyers to Trex helis, gas, EDF jets and even ground vehicles racing. Guys bring trainers out, setup canopies and even BBQ for night flying every now and then. Just off Thunderbird and 43rd Avenue. Enter off the 43rd ave entrance south ofthird. 😁

CheckMySix

Finally got one video uploaded! It’s of me flying the spitfire for the first time in a while. I pushed it pretty hard and had a ton of fun!😁
The real ones hates inverted lol. No fuel injection! I do love the spitfire. Corsair is my favorite but spit is a close second. Those iconic wings! They did a lot of damage to the luftwaffe! Won the battle of Britian.

L Edge

Master member
Here is yesterday’s maiden of the FT-3D! I’m already improving!

Looks like a good plane to practice. I am impressed that you can fly inverted!!!

Your started doing knife edges but you need to slow the whole process down. Could you answer me this question.
Say I keep the throttle at 80 % (your not allowed to change throttle) and go into a knife edge and it starts to drop. What can you do to level it out and continue? Anything else happens and how do you adjust?
Also, practice left to right and then right to left.

If you are going to hover and if you can fly inverted and also knife edge, you will reduce your crashing quite abit.

Another exercise is take your inverted flight up 2 crash heights and now start doing figure 8's( that's a good exercise learning how to use rudder(have to add elevator ) in turns. Figure 8's both ways.

Use the WOW method. Always Work On Weaknesses.

Can you explain how I did this with the controls?

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Video playback is blocked on other sites. Fyi. Bummed. Wanted to see it. I'm in Phoenix and yea...this is our time of the year. Got about 5 good months of flying before the heat is back huh. And then...night flying lol. Just hope those winter storms from California miss on the weekends.
Dunno if you come up to the valley much but, always some people flying out at ASU west campus. They let us hang out in the big south east parking lot that has a big open field next to it. You'll see everything out there from park flyers to Trex helis, gas, EDF jets and even ground vehicles racing. Guys bring trainers out, setup canopies and even BBQ for night flying every now and then. Just off Thunderbird and 43rd Avenue. Enter off the 43rd ave entrance south ofthird. 😁
You can watch the video through youtube here

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Looks like a good plane to practice. I am impressed that you can fly inverted!!!

Your started doing knife edges but you need to slow the whole process down. Could you answer me this question.
Say I keep the throttle at 80 % (your not allowed to change throttle) and go into a knife edge and it starts to drop. What can you do to level it out and continue? Anything else happens and how do you adjust?

If you are going to hover and if you can fly inverted and also knife edge, you will reduce your crashing quite abit.

Another exercise is take your inverted flight up 2 crash heights and now start doing figure 8's( that's a good exercise learning how to use rudder(have to add elevator ) in turns. Figure 8's both ways.

You were using quite a bit of right rudder input balanced with throttle, right? Thanks for the tips, as I have no flying instructors, I really appreciate this feedback. I built the ft-22 for inverted practice and did the inverted pattern flying and feel really comfortable with it now. However that was 3 channel so next flight with the ft-3D I’ll take it up and do inverted figure 8’s to practice flying with rudder. It’s coming though.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member

Full right rudder, feathering the down elevator and working the throttle to hang off the prop. I have seen some pretty crazy landings just by hanging off the prop, just lays the plane down with next to no roll out. Cool maneuver though, definitely more skilled the I am (y)

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I ran a pack through the FT-3D but this time with a 10x4.7 prop as opposed to the 9x5 prop I was using last time. I could tell a difference - the 10x4.7 has more punch to it and a faster climb rate. I practiced waterfalls and also did a lot of sport flying with a lot inverted. @L Edge I flew some inverted 8’s and I did ok but I am not as comfortable as I would like when turning right. I can do it, but it’s not 100% natural like left circles feel. Oh, and did you see my spitfire vid? I did some good inverted there😉
I didn't do much knife edge practice, but the little I did I focused on using rudder to adjust my altitude and keep throttle relatively at the same place.