What Did You Fly Today

luvmy40

Elite member
I actually got a flight out of the DR1. It was short, but it flew!
It was a bit more twitchy than I had expected, and it was quite windy this morning. The resulting "landing" caused more damage than I could fix in the field.

I also got a couple good flights with my Tiny Trainer in 3 channel configuration. My skills are slowly growing. As I sated above, it was pretty windy this morning. I was really trying to get a handle on transition from upwind to downwind and vice versa. With some, limited success.

This was the first flight of the TT. I swear it looked like I was 20 feet from that tree!

I got another good flight with the TT. In this configuration with a 3S 1300 mAh battery, running around half throttle, 6 minutes puts the battery at 3.8 v/cell.

BTW, these are my first flights with the RadioMaster TX16S w/EdgeTX. I have to do a bit of de bugging as my timers aren't working as they should and the touch screen cut out is exactly opposite of what it should be.

Last edited:

voyhager3

Finally got out again and brought out my arrow running an a pack equivalent and the new ft racer I built. It was a bit windy but I really really wanted to get out.
So I get out to the field and immediately nosedive the arrow after it got inverted by the wind.
3A38F63C-BFBD-4B8D-8622-5D9E6B76BB2C.jpeg

Totaled it :(
So then I built up the confidence to fly the racer, after a few bunny hop-esk flights I get the rest of the confidence to try and make a lap, and after a few attempts I started to put in the laps and wow. This thing is a handful. Insane torque roll after 50% and cruises at 20%, and stalls below 15%. And I swear this thing has more toque than a quad turbo Cummins. But on what was going to be my final pass I did a nose dive…
5BFAFC39-A8DB-45E4-AA04-AE8A062A6451.jpeg

It’s really not that bad, just needs a new power pod and a nose job.
Oh and I was doing laps and realized that I wasn’t going to make the turn so I said to my self “bushes are soft, right?” So that’s how this happened
856F7FAD-A208-4255-AF46-DA8D2482A90B.jpeg

All in all, wasn’t the greatest of days, but any flying is better than not flying at all!

F106DeltaDart

Elite member
On Saturday I did a Mercury capsule recovery today with my 500 size UH-34 Choctaw. Had perfect weather and some nice blue water. Finally got the shot for shot recreation of the original photo of Shepard's Recovery pretty close. Just after that, the magnet let go and left the capsule floating in the water. Luckily, I was able to use the rotor wash to push the capsule back to shore.

3A5CCEF1-F2C6-4181-89D5-149096573EF0.jpeg

4AC5F181-65B0-4457-9BBD-43B39B3D2625.jpeg
B5D7784B-C400-4CF2-987C-74FA245A42C1.jpeg

mastermalpass

Elite member
On Saturday I did a Mercury capsule recovery today with my 500 size UH-34 Choctaw. Had perfect weather and some nice blue water. Finally got the shot for shot recreation of the original photo of Shepard's Recovery pretty close. Just after that, the magnet let go and left the capsule floating in the water. Luckily, I was able to use the rotor wash to push the capsule back to shore.

View attachment 231892
View attachment 231893 View attachment 231894

Ah, ONE day I will have a scale heli.

bracesport

Legendary member
I only saw it because of your notification! thanks!
Yip still around and flying when I can - this morning I did a 9min thermal which was awesome (apart from landing in a tree)!

Hope you are well.

OK. You've got a relatively small, 3d printed slope soarer and your flying with one hand and filming with the other. Then you had a great flight? You even got daring, going out a bit at the end.

Not cool. You didn't do a handstand on a pedestal while it was floating in a tub of acid. You've got to step up your game man! ;) @bracesport , you still around? Did you see this?

I have never seen such a small slope soarer, and it was a joy to see you fly it. Thank you Jade.

XSrcing

Creator of smoking holes
Unfortunately what went flying was not supposed to fly. Now I have to fix a big hole in my roof so the furnace works!

Attachments

• IMG_20221108_123421558_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221108_123421558_HDR.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20221108_122649723.jpg
    IMG_20221108_122649723.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0

buzzbomb

I know nothing!

View attachment 231892
View attachment 231893 View attachment 231894
THAT is a darn impressive recreation! I don't fly heli's but I can imagine the cahones it takes to do something like that over water. Wow. Well done, brother. Just WOW!

paradawks

I see the servos but are there any other mods?

Nothing very interesting, really. The pod is extended a centimetre or two to help balance out the servos being moved back. There's a bit of internal bracing with popsicle sticks, including one running down the middle of the pod to help support the battery strap and velcro better. Edges are all ironed down and the hinges are tape on both sides that meets in the middle rather than being paper and offset to one side.

PJF

It wasn't today but a few days ago flew my Bronco and Versawing.

The Versawing has a layer of fiberglass over the top that wraps around the leading edge about 2 inches. This thing has proven to be virtually indestructible. With a 2200kV motor and a 4S pack she is a rocket! But it is also slow and gentle enough to be used as a trainer.

The Bronco flies on a 3300 mAh 4S pack with a couple of 1300kV motors and has got power for days. Vertical is limited to how brave I am feeling. I love the sound of a twin in the air!

Bronco and Versawing.JPG

Bronco Vidcap.jpg