What Did You Fly Today

Vimana89

Legendary member
Going to continue flight testing the new mini slender delta. The 5x4x4 are nice, but my old abused 650 already runs out pretty fast, and it's even more inefficient with this prop. Not getting much high alpha either. Part of that is still throws on elevons set them up much like last time, so some ok throws but not full. Going to try a few different props and compare. I've got 5x3.7x4, 5x4.5x2, and 5x3x3 that I had used on the previous version. Time to do some science 🔬 🤓

Vimana89

Legendary member
Don't think I'll bother with the 5x4.5x2 unless I want to try to get high top speed and even faster rolls. 5x3.7x4 was a large improvement over 5x4x4 in both handling and efficiency on the 1806 motor. The 5x4x4 hog a lot of power and add too much torque to handle super smooth. Here's an uncut vid of some flying this morning.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Don't think I'll bother with the 5x4.5x2 unless I want to try to get high top speed and even faster rolls. 5x3.7x4 was a large improvement over 5x4x4 in both handling and efficiency on the 1806 motor. The 5x4x4 hog a lot of power and add too much torque to handle super smooth. Here's an uncut vid of some flying this morning.
Good flight. I think if you went 5x3x3 you would have the best of both worlds, most versatility and efficiency. Especiall since the 1806 already has a considerable Kv, 2300 I think. A new battery would definitely make a huge difference so that might hinder your testing to get a feel for the true performance of the props you are playing with.

Vimana89

Legendary member
Good flight. I think if you went 5x3x3 you would have the best of both worlds, most versatility and efficiency. Especiall since the 1806 already has a considerable Kv, 2300 I think. A new battery would definitely make a huge difference so that might hinder your testing to get a feel for the true performance of the props you are playing with.
Time to try my nice 1100, which is surprisingly lighter than my Tattu 850's, though still a bit heavier than the 650. I'll try with the 5x3.7x4 then try the 5x3x3 again.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I’ll bet you forgot about this. Overall a success. The vid will be up shortly.
699E7696-D931-4A44-BB15-3FBC9CCFF558.jpeg

Wildthing

Legendary member
Did a couple maidens today plus a couple quick other flights, windy and cold and my fingers don't like it :) .

Shrubsmacke did beautiful even in the wind. The PI beta JU-87 Junker was a tad tail heavy and did not bad but will wait for warmer weather before I try it again. EAF 3D plane has been glued together a few times now and will need to be done again :D :D . Then one of my favs is the PI Pak FA T-50, just good old fun speed. :)

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
While it was in the 40's with blustery winds outside, today our club supported a local high school's indoor fun fly!

Very happy with the almost all Steven's Aeromodel indoor fleet - and love that with the multi-protocol module I'm binding and flying everything indoors on the FrSky X-Lite radio. Much easier to shlep around and feels more comfortable for the little indoor planes. :D

IMG_20191116_113516-1024x768.jpg