What Did You Fly Today

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Also, might be not the exact thread to post this, but I'm looking for a
Google might have to be my friend, I'm not a math guy. We didn't have cool stem classes and stuff catered to people's natural abilities and interests to make math interesting when I was a kid, we had "no child left behind act", aka "shut the hell up and slave away at your boring repetitive busy work so you can grow up to serve a system and corporate masters that don't care about you, you tool".(sorry for getting too ranty, but had to be said). Therefore, I was always an English kind of guy, despite some of my more left-brained skills:).
It's not really math more of a puzzle...

Vimana89

Legendary member
LOL. @Grifflyer caught part of another post I was going to post here then deleted before editing. it starts: Might not be the best thread to post this, but I'm looking for a....and what it is awesome, reliable EDF plane. I may get an EDF setup here soon and was debating between the entry level Freewing bird from $80-$150, or the FT x-29. I like the viggen too, but I build a lot of my own delta designs, so I want something a bit different. What do you guys think? Freewing 64mm? X-29? Or should I just wing it and design something...

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
LOL. @Grifflyer caught part of another post I was going to post here then deleted before editing. it starts: Might not be the best thread to post this, but I'm looking for a....and what it is awesome, reliable EDF plane. I may get an EDF setup here soon and was debating between the entry level Freewing bird from $80-$150, or the FT x-29. I like the viggen too, but I build a lot of my own delta designs, so I want something a bit different.
Which post?
What kind of flight experience do you want? I suggest buying your own EDF and electronics so you can build whatever you want, and you have more options.

Vimana89

Legendary member
Which post?
What kind of flight experience do you want? I suggest buying your own EDF and electronics so you can build whatever you want, and you have more options.
Nothing important. One of the last ones you quoted had some junk up top that sounded like part of a completely different post(because it was) before editing. The question I just posted was what was originally intended with that snippet of junk that got left over. Thanks for advice...I think I'll go that route.

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Nothing important. One of the last ones you quoted had some junk up top that sounded like part of a completely different post(because it was) before editing. The question I just posted was what was originally intended with that snippet of junk that got left over. Thanks for advice...I think I'll go that route.
What size are you looking at?

Vimana89

Legendary member
What size are you looking at?
Building my own? Anything from 30mm to possibly 70mm. The bigger ones like 70mm and bigger tend to require a bigger plane and a dedicated air foil and all that, which is tougher for me to build at the moment than if I had a Freewing body or X-29 kit. This is still something i'm considering, not really going to rush until I can get it right.

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Building my own? Anything from 30mm to possibly 70mm. The bigger ones like 70mm and bigger tend to require a bigger plane and a dedicated air foil and all that, which is tougher for me to build at the moment than if I had a Freewing body or X-29 kit. This is still something i'm considering, not really going to rush until I can get it right.
Nice, I think a 4s 50mm fan will work good for your designs.

Vimana89

Legendary member
Nice, I think a 4s 50mm fan will work good for your designs.
perhaps like a 4ch f-106 Delta Dart
1576037137636.png

the "Red Baron". Heard this one used to be flown out of Edwards near where I live. Just an Idea for a scale or semi-scale model. Might just do my own design.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
LOL. @Grifflyer caught part of another post I was going to post here then deleted before editing. it starts: Might not be the best thread to post this, but I'm looking for a....and what it is awesome, reliable EDF plane. I may get an EDF setup here soon and was debating between the entry level Freewing bird from $80-$150, or the FT x-29. I like the viggen too, but I build a lot of my own delta designs, so I want something a bit different. What do you guys think? Freewing 64mm? X-29? Or should I just wing it and design something...
Check out the RCSailors on youtube. I've been following them for years, and I've got a lot of respect for them. They recently did a best of edf jets compilation for 2019. They're great because they seem pretty darn honest, and the budget they work within is pretty reasonable.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Check out the RCSailors on youtube. I've been following them for years, and I've got a lot of respect for them. They recently did a best of edf jets compilation for 2019. They're great because they seem pretty darn honest, and the budget they work within is pretty reasonable.
I love those guys! I’ve been following them for years too. Did you know that @basslord1124 flies at their field?

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
The Hobbywing Skywalker and Turnigy fixed wing ESC’s come pre programmed to cut throttle to 50% at 3.5v.
Ok - that’s good to know. I’ll try and land before that but if I suddenly realize I have 50% throttle, I’ll come in for a quick land! Thanks
Eflite's ESC's will pulse the throttle at low voltage forcing you to pull back to 50%, You do have to program the cell count of the battery you use on it though. found that one out the hard way, ESC was programmed for 4s and I ran a 3s in it and got a 45 second flight time. Had to read the instructions to figure out the issue