What Did You Fly Today

CheckMySix

3.7 is the lowest you should take it, most of my esc's will cut out around there but I have a few that will let me take it down really low .
That's what I thought. Yea, 3.7 seems about right. Math says like 3.54 but I'd rather have battery longevity than a minute or two in flight.
I charge my 3s 1550s at 3.5a and they charge pretty quick 15-20 minutes. With 3 of then it gives me time to BS with the guys.😋
About to try out my old 3s 2200s. Bigger and heavier so might just be a time wash. They are pretty old too from my old corsair so curious how they hold up.

Wildthing

Legendary member
That's what I thought. Yea, 3.7 seems about right. Math says like 3.54 but I'd rather have battery longevity than a minute or two in flight.
I charge my 3s 1550s at 3.5a and they charge pretty quick 15-20 minutes. With 3 of then it gives me time to BS with the guys.😋
About to try out my old 3s 2200s. Bigger and heavier so might just be a time wash. They are pretty old too from my old corsair so curious how they hold up.
The charging rates use the size as a maximum rate, your 1550 charge at 1.5A max and your 2200 at 2.2A max. The faster you charge them that also shortens their life . If I know the battery is close to full and just want to top it up then I will use a higher rate. Or if I am at combat wars and running low on batteries then all of the rules go out the window :D :D

L Edge

Master member
Building my own? Anything from 30mm to possibly 70mm. The bigger ones like 70mm and bigger tend to require a bigger plane and a dedicated air foil and all that, which is tougher for me to build at the moment than if I had a Freewing body or X-29 kit. This is still something i'm considering, not really going to rush until I can get it right.

Are you going to fly jets at the same location or are you moving to a different area? Lots of sand and brush. Do you have a cleared area?

Vimana89

Legendary member
Are you going to fly jets at the same location or are you moving to a different area? Lots of sand and brush. Do you have a cleared area?
Good point. If I build one for my current flying field it might have to be designed with some precautions, preferably a build with the EDF in a top mounted nacelle where the intake will not be close to the ground on landing. Other than that, I'll be checking out the local club and field next year, which might have some cleaner spaces to land.

L Edge

Master member
@L Edge I practiced knife edges on my spitfire yesterday. They went pretty well. I was able to hold the knife edge and make a couple circuits. I’ll keep working on them, preferably on the ft-3D but I haven’t been able to fly it that much lately.

You didn't answer 2 of my other question's
1) Do you use a strap for the transmitter? If not, suggest you do it for later on you will be needing to flip switches(whatever) rather than holding the radio. Almost all the top pilots use one.

2) Did you explore changing the heights of your tx gimbals sticks? Try it both ways(heighten or shorten) and try inverted for instance, especially the rudder. It can take a good pilot and make them better. If you don't explore, you will never know.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
You didn't answer 2 of my other question's
1) Do you use a strap for the transmitter? If not, suggest you do it for later on you will be needing to flip switches(whatever) rather than holding the radio. Almost all the top pilots use one.

2) Did you explore changing the heights of your tx gimbals sticks? Try it both ways(heighten or shorten) and try inverted for instance, especially the rudder. It can take a good pilot and make them better. If you don't explore, you will never know.
Sorry - I forgot about those. Yes, I have a transmitter strap and it is handy for when I’m flipping switches. I think I need to lengthen the strap a little though. I’m not quite sure what you mean by the sticks. I checked my transmitter and I can remove the sticks. Are you wanting me to adjust the height of the sticks or buy several different styles and try them out?
Thanks

L Edge

Master member
Sorry - I forgot about those. Yes, I have a transmitter strap and it is handy for when I’m flipping switches. I think I need to lengthen the strap a little though. I’m not quite sure what you mean by the sticks. I checked my transmitter and I can remove the sticks. Are you wanting me to adjust the height of the sticks or buy several different styles and try them out?
Thanks

What tx radio do you have? Just the heights, try them shorter and longer to see what happens when flying.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Thanks
My DXe does the same, just read your instructions manual and it will tell you how to adjust the height, you can also adjust stick tension. I haven't played with mine yet but I know I have read it in there.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
What tx radio do you have? Just the heights, try them shorter and longer to see what happens when flying.
Ok, I see. Will do.
My DXe does the same, just read your instructions manual and it will tell you how to adjust the height, you can also adjust stick tension. I haven't played with mine yet but I know I have read it in there.
Perfect. I’ll go dust off the manual:D

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
If I remember correctly with mine, or could have been on of the older ones I recently acquired you have to get into the box under the sticks... it's been awhile since I read it last but it isn't to hard

Piotrsko

Master member
I just lengthened my sticks, feels way different, gonna try it out. Might smooth things out some.

@L Edge does it prevent crashes :LOL: will I be a master pilot now :ROFLMAO:
Back in the day.... longer / shorter sticks were our equivalent to expo. Short stick for faster movement, long sticks were less twitchy. May not work on low rate hall gimbals or wire wound pots.
No it makes crashes better, and since there is no RC pilot apprentice program that I am aware of, so ergo, you can't be a master.