What Did You Fly Today

Wildthing

Legendary member
Well weather was above 0 and wind below 50 so let's take the Grumman F7F Tigercat out for it's maiden. The Tigercat flies :) . As a tail dragger there is no attempting to launch diagonally against the wind, soon as you start to move the wind turns it instantly so it did take a couple attempts to get it up because the wind kept turning me straight for clumps of snow. Finally I went totally diagonal to the runway, so a very short one now and up she went.

Wildthing

Legendary member
Well was able to get in a few more flights today, awesome.

The new Tigercat now that it is getting dialed in is becoming a cool plane. Because the batteries are lined up front to back there isn't much option for balancing options the way it was. So I moved the landing gear forward which allowed me to move the rear battery back 1 1/2" and end up with the same balance point, initially I thought it was slightly tail heavy and couldn't do anything but add ballast not so now.

Wildthing

Legendary member
Trying a new prop on the PI P-40. I have the Propdrive V2 1400kv 2836 motor in it so lets see if it can handle a little more stress so I put on a 9X9 APC prop, I use to have the 10X5 on it. Seemed good, speed I think was better along with efficiency but loops now were harder to do. Oh, skis are off and summer wheels on, launch was much easier. :D :D

Wildthing

Legendary member
My one and only flight with the Argentine Pucara, well only for today. Some small repairs to do after an unexpected unplanned landing. I thought maybe I was to close to the ground when I banked into the wind and I pancaked it onto the ground. I called it pilot error but after inspecting it which there was really very minor damage (lucky) but the elevator servo had died so now I blame it on the servo .

Wildthing

Legendary member
Well the maiden of the new IL2-M3 Sturmovik went smooth as can be. I did have one glitch but a good thing it glides nice because it came in dead stick. By the funny smell I believe I have a bad esc. Battery and esc are as far forward as they can go and the battery is covering my vent holes so more then likely it was my fault. I think I will create a canopy in the nose and move the firewall right up to the motor mount so I have more room to play with.
But overall first impressions are great , I just finished doing a loop when the motor died so not really any testing done but it seemed to handle the wind pretty good. When I left the house the wind was13k, once to the field 25k, once I launched the IL2 35k. I had more planes with me but now it was getting very cold in the wind so packed up and home I went.

Spacefarer

I don't know if this counts

Attachments

• IMG_0490.JPG
    IMG_0490.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 0