What Did You Fly Today

bracesport

Legendary member
nice - I have had a bad run of late with my flights, not to mention timing with the weather - I am looking forward to slowing down and flying well - I have enough artillery, just need some more flying time - love your work!

Wildthing

Legendary member
nice - I have had a bad run of late with my flights, not to mention timing with the weather - I am looking forward to slowing down and flying well - I have enough artillery, just need some more flying time - love your work!

Thanks, it's been a learning curve , lots of foam and glue in the landfill ;)

Saw your camera mount, that is good. I haven't reached that skill level yet.

Wildthing

Legendary member
Had the Smooth Bloody baron out for a couple spins today, BUT, this time on 4S, this guy rocks pretty good. 2nd video for most of it it was at 1/2 throttle and speed is great plus even with just a 1800mah battery I got close to 10 minutes flight time.

Wildthing

Legendary member
Had Annie out for a couple spins also, flies so good but it's drawback is having such a fat fuse it is not very efficient for flight times especially in the wind. 2nd flight I did try a couple inverted , seems solid even upside down. :)

Wildthing

Legendary member

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
When I can see it, dang it's cruising. What are you running in it for a power setup? My next design I think I will incorporate some of the things I have learned on the Smooth Bloody Baron and put my high powered setup into it.
The build can be found here: https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/quick-trick-in-3mm-fb.58217/#post-469287

It uses a 2826/6 2200kV motor driving an APC 6 x 4 prop. Previously I was using a 6 x 4.5 generic prop and whilst it was faster the motor speed and power threw a prop blade on the second flight causing a fair bit of damage.

Power comes from a 1300 3S battery and with plenty of cooling air it all barely runs more than warm!

3 servos used all 3.7 gram.

Have fun!

Wildthing

Legendary member
The build can be found here: https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/quick-trick-in-3mm-fb.58217/#post-469287

It uses a 2826/6 2200kV motor driving an APC 6 x 4 prop. Previously I was using a 6 x 4.5 generic prop and whilst it was faster the motor speed and power threw a prop blade on the second flight causing a fair bit of damage.

Power comes from a 1300 3S battery and with plenty of cooling air it all barely runs more than warm!

3 servos used all 3.7 gram.

Have fun!

Did you watch my last video on the Smooth Baron? Turnigy 2826 220kv 6T motor, 40A esc, 6X4 TGS Prop and a 1800 35C 4S battery. 1st flight I did try wot and it blew the hatch open but it is fast, second flight I was basically 1/2 throttle the whole time. The smooth wing and fuse really cuts through the air nice.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Did you watch my last video on the Smooth Baron? Turnigy 2826 220kv 6T motor, 40A esc, 6X4 TGS Prop and a 1800 35C 4S battery. 1st flight I did try wot and it blew the hatch open but it is fast, second flight I was basically 1/2 throttle the whole time. The smooth wing and fuse really cuts through the air nice.
Yes watched the video and the baron was quite fast but then two different design philosophies. The Trick was designed originally as a 1/2A racer that i just rendered in FB. Sorry about the loss of visual contact on the video at times but i was using an old GoPro and the distances were deliberately keep large because it was very windy and the bird is very light! Besides when flat out it verges on terrifying with its speed of maneuver.

It will push my limits!

Have fun!

Wildthing

Legendary member
Yes watched the video and the baron was quite fast but then two different design philosophies. The Trick was designed originally as a 1/2A racer that i just rendered in FB. Sorry about the loss of visual contact on the video at times but i was using an old GoPro and the distances were deliberately keep large because it was very windy and the bird is very light! Besides when flat out it verges on terrifying with its speed of maneuver.

It will push my limits!

Have fun!

My real fun setup I use the NTM 2836 2700kv motor (discontinued :( ) 80A esc , TGS 6X3 prop (more thrust then the APC 6X4 prop) and a Zippy 2200 65C 4S battery. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 80 to 90oz of thrust ( I think) getting old memory failing me :D . I am sure some of my not so aerodynamic park jets are close to 90mph with it.

Wildthing

Legendary member

It will push my limits!

Have fun!

This plane has the power setup in it and I know I can drastically improve the aerodynamics :)

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
This plane has the power setup in it and I know I can drastically improve the aerodynamics :)

Sweet design and flier.
My little offering was designed to have a bery very wide power range to allow those inexperienced to start out with an "A" power pack and fly quite well and when the plane gets a little less than exciting you can shorten the nose fit larger, (and larger), power packs and get a wild bird with some real performance. As with most of my deisgns I try to pitch them with a wide power requirement range so people can "Grow" into the top performance bird!

It alos needs to be simple to build and repair, (we all make mistakes)!

Have fun!

Wildthing

Legendary member
Sweet design and flier.
My little offering was designed to have a bery very wide power range to allow those inexperienced to start out with an "A" power pack and fly quite well and when the plane gets a little less than exciting you can shorten the nose fit larger, (and larger), power packs and get a wild bird with some real performance. As with most of my deisgns I try to pitch them with a wide power requirement range so people can "Grow" into the top performance bird!

It alos needs to be simple to build and repair, (we all make mistakes)!

Have fun!

I like the design of yours , simple and straight forward and aerodynamic .

I make mistakes with even the best plane that's why I love this hobby versus a store bought one. :) No tears :)

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
I like the design of yours , simple and straight forward and aerodynamic .

I make mistakes with even the best plane that's why I love this hobby versus a store bought one. :) No tears :)
I prefer simplicity as I have seen soooo very many build fails mostly because they were either too complex or too heavy! (A few of my own designs as well qualify for that).

Each and every plane built/designed which is posted on the FT website has lessons for me. Currently my ideal is to have strong wings and everything else is sacrificial. Not to get too hung up like all other designs regardless of designer/builder if it appeals then build one and try it yourself and if it doesn't appeal then so be it!

Right in the middle of finalizing a design right now and soon to start the prototype build but a design to meet a specific requirement!

Back to work!

have fun!

poor boy 101

Yeah, I decided to take it easy today and fly 10 packs on the g pig and a t-28 from eleven hobby. Ha poor people who have bad weather. Where I live we had a peak of five mile per hour winds and blue sky’s with clouds for visibility. Sorry to gloat. The rest of the week was bad for us.