What Did You Fly Today

speedbirdted

Legendary member
I like it when it's 3 degrees because then the lake close to my house freezes over and I can either go ice skating or do this kind of stuff.

One thing I hate about the Flying Green Screen is that if you put in full throttle, even if you pull full up elevator it still noses down until it picks up more speed... so with touch and gos you basically have to ride the edge of the stall and then when the nose is high enough you punch it, or just be good at conserving speed. Either way I didn't have any crappier airplanes to bring out and I wasn't sure about the thickness of the ice so I didn't want to risk a nice one...

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I like it when it's 3 degrees because then the lake close to my house freezes over and I can either go ice skating or do this kind of stuff.

One thing I hate about the Flying Green Screen is that if you put in full throttle, even if you pull full up elevator it still noses down until it picks up more speed... so with touch and gos you basically have to ride the edge of the stall and then when the nose is high enough you punch it, or just be good at conserving speed. Either way I didn't have any crappier airplanes to bring out and I wasn't sure about the thickness of the ice so I didn't want to risk a nice one...
That looks like a lot of fun! Is that at Lake Vesuvius?

Wildthing

Legendary member
Well warmest day we have had in a long time so lets go maiden some planes. :) Good news is they all came home in one piece, bad news is I used a new camera which I think is a clone of my SJ camera and there are really no videos to upload.

I maidened the @BATTLEAXE Kitfox plane, took off beautifully, actually within 5 feet. Lift is definitely not an issue, loops no problem , rolls were slow using just ailerons but with the help of the rudder much better, rudder has loads of authority. All my deflections are yet to be played with , I would call her a winner :)

Also maidened my high dihedral Mustang and that went off without a hitch. It actually flies really good and no problem going inverted . I think the only time you see a little evil come out is banking into the wind, if will bank smooth and then really bank on you :) .

Last but not least the new Baron for combat wars Shredder II , boy my thumbs were not ready yet for the rates I always fly them in and I did stick it's nose into the snow once , no damage to speak of.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Well warmest day we have had in a long time so lets go maiden some planes. :) Good news is they all came home in one piece, bad news is I used a new camera which I think is a clone of my SJ camera and there are really no videos to upload.

I maidened the @BATTLEAXE Kitfox plane, took off beautifully, actually within 5 feet. Lift is definitely not an issue, loops no problem , rolls were slow using just ailerons but with the help of the rudder much better, rudder has loads of authority. All my deflections are yet to be played with , I would call her a winner :)

Also maidened my high dihedral Mustang and that went off without a hitch. It actually flies really good and no problem going inverted . I think the only time you see a little evil come out is banking into the wind, if will bank smooth and then really bank on you :) .

Last but not least the new Baron for combat wars Shredder II , boy my thumbs were not ready yet for the rates I always fly them in and I did stick it's nose into the snow once , no damage to speak of.
As far as cameras go you might consider picking up something like this then. It'll save you money in the long run after going through a bunch of cheap ones... ;)