What Did You Fly Today

DazDaMan

Elite member
Tried to fly twice today, but far too windy for the little T-28. Flew a couple of circuits but came down very quickly!

The Fopster

Master member
Today I sent myself back to flight school, and flew my Tiny Trainer. First couple of batteries were not good until I'd got the thrust angle sorted, but then ok. Can't get a roll anywhere close to axial - some work to do...

Attachments

• IMG_20200520_182819582.jpg
    IMG_20200520_182819582.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

leaded50

Legendary member
Since i have a few planes with ski on, its sunny, and not bad temperture, and today approx no wind, i found it was a perfect day to go fly the two, on the local "rc airport"... sorry for no video of the actual flights.
Trouble with weight distrubition to CG on the Staggerwing, need adjust weightin front. It danced much on the tail...
The Bisnovat EDF rocketship seems have trouble with not enough wing?... was pretty hard keep it in air, and get a hard crash when slowed down.

and for the security... i forgot my self and should just do a small aligment.. and of course i was attacked by a prop :D Looks worser than is, get a "sliced" cut who didnt easy stop bleeding though. Throttle cut is set up... now!!

Tronglodon

I took my Dart 250g out for a morning at a new to me airfield. It was pretty windy by the time I got it up in the air which led to some excitement. The Dart 250g obviously prefers calmer skies as light as it is, but it still did ok, especially since it was only my second time flying it. Oh yeah, I played the guitar for the background music too.

shadeyB

Legendary member
Hey pilots
Flew my SU-35 v5 today in the wind 😂😍
had a great time with fellow pilot - practising high alpha in the breeze lol
until my radio buzzed and screen went off, I know my batteries were low as it was beeping at me but 8.9 is still goos for bit flying
as a said my radio buzzed and my beloved jet went into a 💀 spiral 💥🔥
18DB08C0-0E5E-4D84-ABF9-A024FB74E8E4.jpeg

I blamed the radio for whatever reason I could think off, never lost signal yet.
anyway I happily took her home in many pieces flapping about in the wind and a pocketful of broken parts ready to put her back together. Warmed up the glue gun and Stripped her back Only to find the antennae were missing from my receiver lol
the dam prop chewed it up and spat them out lol
went back to the crash site to find them lying there lol
5B2AFB1A-23A2-4AA8-907A-706A2A2416A1.jpeg

messed about with it and wired the antenna back together and fixed ma girl 😍
just got the nose to sort now
lesson learnt
alway keep your back flap shut tight lol

no flying weather now till next Wednesday 😭😭
Happy flying pilots

Attachments

• 141F2BD9-D188-4FF4-91AC-59D9F5A092CF.jpeg
    141F2BD9-D188-4FF4-91AC-59D9F5A092CF.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • A3CEECA7-8987-4D60-882B-90E4B61C144E.jpeg
    A3CEECA7-8987-4D60-882B-90E4B61C144E.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 01818593-368D-4BA4-953A-66B531721049.jpeg
    01818593-368D-4BA4-953A-66B531721049.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0

Wildthing

Legendary member
Hey pilots
Flew my SU-35 v5 today in the wind 😂😍
had a great time with fellow pilot - practising high alpha in the breeze lol
until my radio buzzed and screen went off, I know my batteries were low as it was beeping at me but 8.9 is still goos for bit flying
as a said my radio buzzed and my beloved jet went into a 💀 spiral 💥🔥
View attachment 169581

I blamed the radio for whatever reason I could think off, never lost signal yet.
anyway I happily took her home in many pieces flapping about in the wind and a pocketful of broken parts ready to put her back together. Warmed up the glue gun and Stripped her back Only to find the antennae were missing from my receiver lol
the dam prop chewed it up and spat them out lol
went back to the crash site to find them lying there lol
View attachment 169582

messed about with it and wired the antenna back together and fixed ma girl 😍
just got the nose to sort now
lesson learnt
alway keep your back flap shut tight lol

no flying weather now till next Wednesday 😭😭
Happy flying pilots
I have done that but usually part of the crash, . The picture of your rx, is that with the antennas fixed? The antenna wire is a small coax cable and there is a small lead going through the center along with the outer cable, by the picture it just looks like you have them just twisted together.

shadeyB

Legendary member
I have done that but usually part of the crash, . The picture of your rx, is that with the antennas fixed? The antenna wire is a small coax cable and there is a small lead going through the center along with the outer cable, by the picture it just looks like you have them just twisted together.
sorry It’s not the best picture
I separated out the tiny lead in the middle from the outer cable twisted both outer cables together and hit it with tiny bit solder , did same with inner wires. Tested it with radio and it made connection. Not sure I should trust it tho

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Well, I just finished charging the last of 16 batteries. Tomorrow there's supposed to be a break in the constant meteorological onslaught associated with living in Indiana and I intend to exploit it as wholly as possible :p
Haha, just gotta love Indiana! Whenever we get a thunderstorm I think of you guys over there... We got a ton of rain yesterday and so I have this little guy set up and a fairly large puddle in mind! :D
13791C7B-6A3B-4854-8C9F-04AA742D63A8.jpeg

Wildthing

Legendary member
sorry It’s not the best picture
I separated out the tiny lead in the middle from the outer cable twisted both outer cables together and hit it with tiny bit solder , did same with inner wires. Tested it with radio and it made connection. Not sure I should trust it tho

I bought some extra antenna wires off of Ali or Banggood for cheap . There is a spec for how long the wire needs to be along with the exposed end part for max range , I don't remember which site but I am sure if you ask someone out there knows it.
Make sure you do a long range test :)

legodragonxp

First day in the hobby flying. FT Freighter in a large parking lot. Learned a lot in a short amount of time, had a few hard crashes but the plane took it well. The T-tail protects the props during your average Jingles landing. I need to figure out a way to improve pitch up on the tail since I have to be flat out to climb. Maybe cut it off and remount it (EDIT, going to splice in a shim and bring extras until I figure it out). I had it pried up with tape for the second half of the flight window and it flew a lot better, but a couple crashes wore out the tape.

Lessons learned:
-Tape the wheels in to the wheel wells. Walking around for 15 minutes looking for one that popped off was annoying. (also consider painting the wheels yellow or blaze orange to help find them)
-Remove the batteries from the transmitter when done. I had the set in for three days, they died before I flew for a minute.
-Hit the rate button and go in to high-rate unless you have a LOT of area to fly in. My area was about 200'x400'. High-rate would be good in a 200x200 area with little to no wind.
C-17 day1.png

Last edited:

Indy durtdigger

Elite member
Well, I just finished charging the last of 16 batteries. Tomorrow there's supposed to be a break in the constant meteorological onslaught associated with living in Indiana and I intend to exploit it as wholly as possible :p
It was an absolute perfect evening here in Henry county. I got all my battery packs emptied out before I made a mistake coming in for the last landing and sent another prop back to it's maker. Gonna have to fix the old Mig3 for tomorrow, multiple days in a row with no wind or rain this time of year can be hard to come by.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
First day in the hobby flying. FT Freighter in a large parking lot. Learned a lot in a short amount of time, had a few hard crashes but the plane took it well. The T-tail protects the props during your average Jingles landing. I need to figure out a way to improve pitch up on the tail since I have to be flat out to climb. Maybe cut it off and remount it (EDIT, going to splice in a shim and bring extras until I figure it out). I had it pried up with tape for the second half of the flight window and it flew a lot better, but a couple crashes wore out the tape.

Lessons learned:
-Tape the wheels in to the wheel wells. Walking around for 15 minutes looking for one that popped off was annoying. (also consider painting the wheels yellow or blaze orange to help find them)
-Remove the batteries from the transmitter when done. I had the set in for three days, they died before I flew for a minute.
-Hit the rate button and go in to high-rate unless you have a LOT of area to fly in. My area was about 200'x400'. High-rate would be good in a 200x200 area with little to no wind.
View attachment 169708
Congrats on a sucessfull flight, even if there were some crashes involved. I need to pick up a freighter one of these days...

Innaviation

Lessons learned:
View attachment 169708
Sounds like a successful first flight, how does it fly considering its controlled by only 2 motors and no servos?

TDL

Sounds like a successful first flight, how does it fly considering its controlled by only 2 motors and no servos?
Many years ago a member of my club gave a similar plane to my kids. Basically it‘s a power glider, more throttle means more lift so it goes up, and throttle differential controls the heading. Change the angle on the horizontal stabilizer would increase the AOA and cause stall. The only way to make it climbs faster is to increase the pitch on the props.