What Did You Fly Today

Keno

We flew the Labprint VL Pyörremyrsky today with a 4s 1300Mah much better flight. If you want to enter into LW PLA printing this is a good first project to print.

speedbirdted

Legendary member
Well since I neglected to earlier I might as well share some more pictures of the Black Sheep warbird event in Danville.

This monster of an airplane is a 46% scale Fokker D7. Weighs 109 pounds! Unfortunately the gear appeared not to be up to the task as this happened as the result of a poor landing....

P_20201017_115607.jpg

I really liked this Sopwith Pup. Almost 25 years old and still flying. The guy said he has never had to remove any slack from the covering! Solartex truly was too good for us mere mortals...

P_20201017_112112.jpg

I've also never seen a Taube. At least not until today. This airplane flew incredibly slow, and the pilot said the most throttle he ever used was 1/3 power. Unfortunately the wind picked up later and it only got to fly once in the early morning.

P_20201017_102843.jpg

And my personal favorite - this massive C-47. The guy is loading paratroopers into the side door which he had rigged up to a servo, and he was able to drop them out of the plane. Unfortunately a few were KIA when their parachutes got tangled but for the most part it was pretty cool.

P_20201017_095254.jpg

"Corpse"

Legendary member
Well since I neglected to earlier I might as well share some more pictures of the Black Sheep warbird event in Danville.

This monster of an airplane is a 46% scale Fokker D7. Weighs 109 pounds! Unfortunately the gear appeared not to be up to the task as this happened as the result of a poor landing....

View attachment 181260

I really liked this Sopwith Pup. Almost 25 years old and still flying. The guy said he has never had to remove any slack from the covering! Solartex truly was too good for us mere mortals...

View attachment 181261

I've also never seen a Taube. At least not until today. This airplane flew incredibly slow, and the pilot said the most throttle he ever used was 1/3 power. Unfortunately the wind picked up later and it only got to fly once in the early morning.

View attachment 181262

And my personal favorite - this massive C-47. The guy is loading paratroopers into the side door which he had rigged up to a servo, and he was able to drop them out of the plane. Unfortunately a few were KIA when their parachutes got tangled but for the most part it was pretty cool.

View attachment 181265
Those are SWEET! The taube is definitely my favorite.(y)(y)

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I flew a lot today! I started off the morning with a flight on the parkzone typhoon. I got a 13x4 3D prop since the 12x3.8 I was previously running wasn’t quite enough power. There wasn’t really any performance difference unfortunately. Then I took up @FoamyDM ’s Vance Viking and this time I used a 1050 4s instead of a 500 3s. The CG was MUCH better and the extra power made such a difference! It flew so fast and stable - it was great!! That is until the motor burnt up! :mad: It was a FT radial 2206 2500kv and specs say it can handle up to 6s. I was only spinning a 5x3x3 prop so that shouldn’t have been a problem at all. Oh well - I’ll call them on Monday and see if I can get a replacement, since I’ve been really impressed with the two that I have so far. I also got a flight on the mini Corsair - that is such a smooth and nice flying bird - I love it! I also flew two packs through the Eflite F-16 and had a blast with it. I REALLY miss rudder control on it so I might add a rudder in the near future. I wrapped up my morning flying session with a pack through the UMX P-3, which was a blast despite 7-8 mph winds, which is a bit for the micros! I was able to finish setting up my new Skywing 38” ARS and so later in the day I went out and maidened it. I don’t have words to describe how well it flies!! It’s soooo locked in and just flies incredibly! I can’t recommend it enough, especially considering the price! I went out one final time at sunset and flew a pack through the UMX B-17 and one through the UMX mig-15 and then called it a day. It’s been too long since I’ve had a good flying day like this! It’s not every day that all the planes come back in one piece... ;)

flamingo

View attachment 181260

View attachment 181261

View attachment 181262

View attachment 181265
this is making me jealous

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Flew three planes today. The Mini Scout Biplane flight was a warmup, and though I enjoyed it tremendously, it's not really worth uploading the video. Just me tooling around the sky and having fun.

Then I flew the Mustang. She's till fun, and I've still a lot to learn. Did you know it'd dip a wing when it nears stall speed during a landing? Kind of a bummer, that. On the other hand I did aerobatics with a Mustang! Cartwheeling is acrobatic, right? So cartwheeling in plane must be aerobatic!

Some significant damage to one wing tip, but I think it's repairable.

The I flew my favorite plane, the Spitfire. Briefly.
I lost orientation due to distance and the angle of the sun. She is no more.

20201019_174412 (Large).jpg

Truthfully, she was getting a bit long in the tooth, and was almost more repair than plane. Time to build another! :D

Overall it was a bittersweet afternoon. I got to fly, but I lost my favorite plane. My mojo took a big hit when I got to my flying sight. It's been an undeveloped area of a county industrial area. It's now under development. I don't how much longer, or if any, I'll get to fly there. It took me forever to find that site. Seeing the development underway sort of psyched me out.