What Did You Fly Today

F.K1999

Flew my wing 4 kilometers away, but it crashed on return due to battery ran out and navigation errors.
Screenshot_20210223_150158_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg
Screenshot_20210223_150044_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg
IMG_20210223_144148.jpg
IMG_20210223_144206.jpg

slowjo

Master member
After a couple unsucessful flights, my modified FT simple cub finally flew. :cool:

I didn't feel very confident after two failed attempts (first one the motor disconnected and it fell on the sea, second time it was tail heavy and got stuck on a tree), so this time a more experienced pilot handled the TX. :LOL:

Anyway... He said it reacts heavily on commands, so it's better to fly using ~60% rates. It glides well (1:12 until 1:19 the motor was cut off for a quick glide test), but apparently has a more aggresive stall compared to my RC carbon cub (another foamie, but a kit I bought).

Had to use a 2200mah 3s battery + 4 fishing weights to get the CG correct. It should weight around 720g. I'll put it on a scale soon and check that.
Btw, I know the FT design has ~420g, but this one has a 10cm wider wing. Probably not enough, so I'll try to cut some weight off.

Enjoy the maiden flight.

Great video brother, where are you from, Its beautiful, btw I subbed to your channel, SlowJo

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Flew my wing 4 kilometers away, but it crashed on return due to battery ran out and navigation errors. View attachment 193459 View attachment 193460 View attachment 193461 View attachment 193462
What your claiming in your post is illegal in the UK and many other countries due to new regulations that have been imposed regarding air safety.
If your flying FPV you should have a spotter with you and your aircraft or drone must remain in line of site at all times, by either the spotter or the pilot.
I am certain neither you or your spotter are members of the Xmen or some kind if super hero ? There is no way you can see that model 4km away, which makes your actions both wreckless and dangerous and brings the hobby into disrepute.
Its no wonder authorities and governments are clamping down on our hobby when people act so irresponsibly. Would you have been so proud of your achievement if the plane had hit a child or any person while out of control ?
Ive said enough :mad:

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
After a couple unsucessful flights, my modified FT simple cub finally flew. :cool:

I didn't feel very confident after two failed attempts (first one the motor disconnected and it fell on the sea, second time it was tail heavy and got stuck on a tree), so this time a more experienced pilot handled the TX. :LOL:

Anyway... He said it reacts heavily on commands, so it's better to fly using ~60% rates. It glides well (1:12 until 1:19 the motor was cut off for a quick glide test), but apparently has a more aggresive stall compared to my RC carbon cub (another foamie, but a kit I bought).

Had to use a 2200mah 3s battery + 4 fishing weights to get the CG correct. It should weight around 720g. I'll put it on a scale soon and check that.
Btw, I know the FT design has ~420g, but this one has a 10cm wider wing. Probably not enough, so I'll try to cut some weight off.

Enjoy the maiden flight.

That looked really good in the air! Which Carbon Cub do you have - the Parkzone one?

mastermalpass

Elite member
Wind finally calmed down and the temp was only -4 C so let's maiden the new Parkflyers International Mig-35D .

Aw Jeff! ... All this hype I've had to see it fly and you missed it haha! I couldn't say I've never done that myself though - sounded like it flew really well. There are some really nice renditions over at RCP, looks like this one might be a hit! :D